This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Manic Monday

Monday…boo. I usually sit here and wonder where exactly my beloved weekend went. Ryan and I seemed to have something planned every weekend this summer. Somewhat of a bummer, but also something to look forward to each weekend. Friday night, after the baby got picked up by Mimi, we set off for Conway for a little shopping and dinner. Ryan was on a mission to buy shorts and I was on a mission to get some peach sweet tea. Great compromise. The best part about shopping with Ryan is he insist on buying me something every time. Even if I can’t find anything that I just can’t live without, we usually find me something…or days later, we still need to make up for me not getting something. Luckily, this trip I did find something. Walking past the Hallmark store, Ryan spotted the new Vera Bradley and insisted we go look at it. I said I didn’t really need a new purse, and this is the cute part…Ryan said, well it’s almost your birthday. (Almost, being in November.) As we walk to the car he begins to tell me that it is time for him to start buying my birthday presents. Music to my ears! There is almost nothing better than getting birthday presents, months in advance!! See how great he is!

Also, this past weekend, it was Ryan’s weekend to work, so I knew that my Saturday morning would be sent cleaning the house, trying to catch up on a few things that have slacked off since I started school. By that, I mean laundry. Ryan left for work about 8 and my intention was to catch up on sleep that I have been missing out on over the past 3 weeks. No surprise when I got up moments after the hubby left and proceeded to start the laundry. Two loads in I decided I needed to go to Wal Mart and print off some pictures. Ryan and I decided that I would come to work that day and help him answer phones in the office until noon, so that was my next mission. I know, my day off and I go and help my husband at work…on a Saturday…during summer…with lots of “things” to be done at the house…after just purchasing the new Jack Johnson cd…I am such a good wife, I realize this. I didn’t do a lot at ole Beacon…answered a few calls, paged my husband when he was off in the warehouse, booked our hotel for Nashville in September. Again, an awesome wife who buys George Straight and Reba tickets in Nashville for his birthday. Okay, I’ll admit, I sort of bought those for me too. But, isn’t marriage about two becoming one? If we’re both reaping the benefits then it’s okay by me! Plus, in reality, we may never have to chance to see them again…especially together. Oh, he must love the realist inside me.

That afternoon, it was on Ryan’s agenda to mow the jungle that had become our yard. Thanks to rain and our abundance of DVR’ed shows, our yard could almost produce a bale of hay. Our luck, the lawn mower wouldn’t start, so we headed over to mom and dad’s to get their old one. Much to Ryan’s surprise, dad was letting him take the new zero turn mower. It was seriously like a little kid on Christmas morning. I could just see the excitement in his eyes and by the smile on his face. When we got home, he had to back it up and get it off the trailer. I honestly wish I had a video camera to have evidence of his struggle getting it down. Think Austin Powers, driving the little car forward, backward, left, right, repeat. Shear hilarity. I was already walking back to the house, but turned around to witness it and luckily I did. After the cycle, I think he realized he wasn’t getting it down that easily and he needed my help. Thank goodness for me, right? He’d still be trying to get that thing down today… Once our yard that usually takes about 45 minutes was mowed in about 15-20, I knew that a zero-turn mower would be next on our list of things to purchase…and I was right. At least he realizes that we can wait a little while until we build our house and have a big enough yard to justify it. Once he was finished, I wanted to drive it. So I loaded up, got basic instructions and took off. Poor Ryan has no faith in me and machinery apparently. He literally sprinted around on my left side ensuring that I didn’t ram into either of the vehicles. No faith at all!! He should know I am a pro…and have common sense. To his surprise, I didn’t destroy the cars, or the mower. Just wait until it’s our own, I will be the lawn mowing queen. . . Yah right.

We had a good, but long Sunday. We went to church and then headed to Havana. We spent the day visiting with my father-in-law, Ryan’s aunt and cousins. It was such a good time sitting around listening to stories and getting to eat some great food. Anytime there are two desserts to choose from, I’m pumped…and both times when ate with his cousin Crystal that has been the deal. Ahh, I love it. And Pina Colada pie is delicious!!

From there, we went and picked up our baby at Mimi and Papaw’s. He was ready to go home…or maybe it was me. I was beyond tired and knew I had to go home and read. What a bummer. At least I got my chapter in, Ryan got to scope out some deer, and Marley, well, Marley got beat up in the truck according to daddy. See if I ever let him go looking for deer with the boys, if getting knocked down and beat up by the steering wheel is all that happens.

So, happy Monday. Time to start looking forward to another exciting weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...