This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

First day of "school"

Tuesday was a big day for Wyatt. He started "school!" It's so hard to believe that my little boy is big enough for this, but I guess it's time. He was ready (I think) to start playing with some other little kids his age.

Tuesday morning I was all alone trying to get him ready. Sadly, Ryan had to be out overnight for work so he  had to miss it. Wyatt was more concerned with sweeping the floor than getting out the door.
Here is his "official" first day of school picture:

Insert AWWWWW here.

So cute! I am not going to lie, I straight up bawled on the way and shed one too many tears while I was there dropping him off. He cried too, but thankfully it was more of a sympathy cry for the other kids. He didn't really realize what was going on. Thank goodness. I call 2 hours after he had been there and they said he was doing great! That eased my heart. I had prayed and prayed that it would be a smooth transition for everyone and I believe it paid off. When I picked him up they said he had a great day! Yay!

Today, Ryan and I both took Wyatt to school.

As long as he had his lunch he was ready!

As we were walking in the director told us she saw Wyatt a lot yesterday and said that you would have never thought he was a newbie! That made me feel so much better about it all. I am so thankful that he is easily adaptable and getting to make some new friends. There was no tears from me and just barely a whine from him as we left. I hope he has a great second day!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Wyatt is so lucky to have the best of both worlds, he is home with you and he gets to go to school! Glad to hear he is transitioning so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very good decision for all of you! I love his little pictures, that lunch box is half his size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw!! That is so awesome! We do the same with H! Glad to hear it is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it is going well! My kids go ti school one day a week too. Logan loves it. Charlie would rather b with me. But Mama has to work :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...