This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Branson, MO

The hubs and I decided to have a little get-a-way for the weekend and chose Branson. We had three main things to accomplish on this trip: eat, shop, relax. Mission somewhat accomplished...

Marley had a big weekend too. This was his first weekend to stay at Ryan's mom's house. He always stays at my parent's but they couldn't keep him this weekend so he had a new place to go. We knew he was going to be okay, for he had Ellie to enjoy the weekend with. He was wore smooth out when we got him back this afternoon. He hasn't moved from the couch since he's been home.

On the way to his grandparent's and Ellie's...he's improved on his driving this year and can now do it single-handley. Impressive, right?

He's beautiful.

Since food was one of our main priorities on this trip we decided to head here:Lambert's. Home of the thrown rolls.


I loved that our drinks were served in this.


I remember going with my family when I was younger and I have to admit, the whole "throwing the rolls" thing was so much cooler when I was a kid. However, it was still a great time. They played the best music also which earned them mega points. CCR (and no, that is not Cross Canadian Ragweed), George Straight, and! the song I walked down the isle to--Ben E. King's Stand By Me. Perfection. Here's what I had-- a chef salad with grilled chicken. It is massive.

Seriously, massive. I hardly made a dent in it and for two reasons. One, it's by far the biggest salad every placed before me. Two, grilled chicken is definitely on my "Cannot Eat" list. Sooo disgusting!! I literally wanted to throw up! Luckily, Bunney got some out of this world catfish and frenchy fries that were phenomenal and was happy to share with mommy and baby! So, pregnancy is interesting...my beloved foods---sweets---are no longer appealing to me. It's terrible. I'm not sure what I will eat for the next few weeks. Boo...
We got 1/2 of our Christmas shopping done! Yay! Go us! We were pretty excited about it. We also got a diaper bag! Yes! Such as steal too. A $398 bag for $165...score! I was beyond stoked about it and we officially bought something for Baby Davis.

While it was a nice, relaxing, and fun weekend with my love in Branson I have to admit I was sad I couldn't really eat anything. No Fudruckers where I always get a delicious burger, fries, and milkshake. Oh milkshakes...how I long for you so much. This little blueberry, who has been dubbed "Blue" for the week, is making it hard to come to terms with my loss of an appetite. Oh well. Definitely worth it in the end and hopefully won't last too much longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...