This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Reason 1427412

There are numerous reasons why I love my husband. He's funny, sweet, understanding, ornery, a bully, annoying, etc. The list really does go on...

Today was just another way to add to my list.

I hate Wal Mart. Pretty much despise it unless I am with Ryan and even then it's horrendous. I'm a Kroger girl and only go to Wal Mart if I have to. Today was one of those days. I needed stuff that I just couldn't get at Kroger so I went...alone...stupidly. My poor brain is just dumb right now. I realize this. However, when pulling into the parking lot I made it a point to remember where I parked, which door I entered, and which door I should exit. After wandering around endlessly in the store, because (again due to my brain) I didn't make a list this time, I picked up just the things I thought I needed. I shop so much better at Kroger. It's more of a mission and I have the store mapped out. I can get in and get out. Love it. Wal Mart...not so much. There are too many distractions. From people to things I just don't really need but seem much more appealing in the store. Wal Mart sucks. Anyway, I finally got out of there but sadly went out the wrong door. I knew this was the door I had come in. I knew that Claire would be parked right where I left her and I knew I'd be soon on my way home. Wrong. I could not for the life of me remember where my car was. So, I walked around puzzled as to where I'd left my car. Panic begin to set it for I had my beloved Snickers ice cream bars in my bags!! I could not let them ruin! It was most imperative I find my car and fast...unfortunately I had zero luck. I think I looked for a total of maybe 3 minutes (for the record it felt like 15) when I broke down and called Ryan. This is the reason I don't come to Wal Mart alone...when it's busy...when it's hot...when my brain isn't functioning properly...when there are crazy people everywhere...when it's hot...when it's a Monday after 5...when it's hot. Those were the thoughts running in my head while the phone rang. Poor hubby...I'm not sure what I expected him to do? The only suitable thing would be to stay on the phone and assist me (or leave work to come help me) until I found Claire. Honestly, I was on the verge of tears by the time Ryan got off the phone with me...and for the record I still had no sign of Claire...Ryan had to help the guys at work so I ok'ed him to get off the phone. Then, enlisted the help of my best friend, Erin. She laughed at me and said it was okay, everyone does it. Thank goodness I'm not the only one who is really this dumb. I finally found my car. Right where I left it. I have never been more happy to see that little blue Cadillac. Air conditioning for not only me but for my quickly melting ice cream. This is why I love my husband (and bff)! They have patience and understand that I'm not quite on top of my game these days. I'm working on it though and things will get better. However, I'm sure I can find an app on my iPhone to help me remember where my car is...since my little clicker doesn't work unless you seem to be thisclose to it. (Like I didn't think of that--because sadly, Erin and Ryan both had doubts that I hadn't already tried that when panic first set it.) So yes, today I was that girl. The one wandering around lost in Wal Mart parking lot. I'm sure they have hours of video of people who lose their vehicles. Right?

Reason 1427412 why I love Ryan: he will coach me through trying to find Claire in Wal Mart parking lot when it's hot and I'm beyond stupid feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...