This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Our Atlanta Braves

Everyone does it...when you begin dating someone new you get to know their likes and dislikes. It's all about compatibility, or at least to me it is. I feel better knowing that I have the same or at least similar interests as my potential mate. Ryan and I have entirely too much in common I'm sure. The first night we met we sang karaoke together---Conway Twitty's I'd Love to Lay You Down and Kenny Loggins' Footloose. Now, I can assure you that there are few people that will actually sing these two songs let alone enjoy them. Ryan and I were destined to be together...this could be the reason that ever since that night we were inseparable.


While getting to know my now husband, I learned that we had yet another thing in common:


We both had a favorite MLB team and it would be the Atlanta Braves. (Destiny again.) My parents were and are avid Braves fan. For as long as I can remember my childhood was spent hearing my dad cheering on (or yelling at) the Braves. I've spent many times in front of a tv with my mom, dad, and brother watching baseball cheering on our team. I can remember my brother getting a satin Braves jacket and wanting probably more than I should. Since he was growing a lot I got that jacket handed down to me a lot quicker than I thought I would. I do believe it is still hanging up in the upstairs closet to this day. (I'm sure my parents have full intentions of passing it down to their grandchild for they know they are going to be cheering for Atlanta.)

Yes, this is the jacket...



I've seen the Braves play in St. Louis and in Atlanta. If you ask me where the best pizza I have ever had in my life I will tell you it was at an Atlanta Braves baseball game. There was something about it that obviously stuck with me for 10+ years.


Ryan and I both love the Braves. Granted, his love for them is a lot stronger and I simply believe that comes with the fact that his is a male. It's in his genes. We've watched the Braves all season long. This is Bobby's last season and while that is excruciatingly sad, we know that Braves baseball will go on and we will continue to watch them. When we aren't able to watch them on tv we always have the laptop set up next to us watching the "game" online. Ryan gets into it a little more than I do, but nonetheless, we watch it.

And when we win? We are notorious for these after each "W" we get.

Our famous air high-fives.

Once I've become pregnant I am in bed early...well, I was until about 2 weeks ago when I really started getting my energy back. Now I can actually see 10, 11 o'clock much more easily. Last night was Game 2 of the playoffs. We started Game 1, but I wimped out and went to bed missing the last half...you know...the one where we lost. When Ryan came to bed that night I asked if we had won. I was bummed that we hadn't. Being Bobby Cox's last season I want him to go all out and win it all. He has to go out with a bang! Last night however during the second game I was a trooper with my hubby and watched the Braves win Game 2! Tomorrow we head back to Atlanta to hopefully get the next two wins. So at 12:30 we were giving each other our high five, now ready for bed, but only after we watch some ESPN.

I love the Braves. They are my team. They have always been my team...ask my mother and father who was "my boyfriend" during my elementary school years? Javier Lopez. Yup, the catcher was my main man. I will never forget that.


Now? Now the Braves are our team. Even our dog's...see him sporting the Atlanta collar? He got it at the beginning of this season and see how well we've done? We've made it to the playoffs and will hopefully win the World Series. Either way, the Davis family (and Milam) will always love the Braves!

When our little one joins our family in the Spring, we know he/she will have an Atlanta Braves outfit just waiting on them for the summer and fall. We look forward to the day when we will get to take them to watch the Braves and be waving our tomahawks proudly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...