This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The "Belly"

I hope that I am getting a "baby bump" rather than just getting fat. While over the weekend, I feel like I suddenly got "fat." Awkward feeling for a girl whose norm is to be smaller and somewhat flatter. The beauty of pregnancy is that I am sacrificing my body in order to make a human...and that? That is absolutely awesome.

4 weeks---the day we found out. Of course I had to document the "start" ...aka...my goal for post-baby. haha

8 weeks

9.5 weeks---I feel I actually am getting a little belly...and brave enough to take a picture post-shower, pajama shorts, a cutoff work out shirt, and zero makeup. Eek.
That, or my ab muscles are deciding to expand outward very awkwardly.
I had a "fat kid" moment last night. I ate an early supper at 6 and went to bed at 10. At 2:00 I got up to potty and thought I would die of hunger once I laid back down. So what do you do? You get up and feed the baby. So off to the kitchen I went to make some toast and jelly. My little boy Marley was nice enough to join momma. Once I ate the toast I went back to bed, but not before I told Ryan that I was officially a fat kid who wakes up in the middle of the night to eat. He just laughed, told me I wasn't a fat kid, and went back to bed. As did I. Note to self: eat a later dinner to hold me over until breakfast so there is no more late night munching.
And, the absolute highlight of this week: getting to run again without any pain from my girls! YES! I hope to continue the running regime from here on out...or as long as possible.

2 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! I never got up in the middle of the night to eat...but I still managed to gain 48lbs with Ayla! Ha! Now, I'm trying to lose it...YIKES! 9 months to put it on...9 months to take it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I've already designated November, or my birthday actually, for the baby weight to be gone. That's a solid 7 months!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...