This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The time I cried over cereal



There is a strong love/hate relationship thing that's currently going on inside of me. My first born is growing up on me. Becoming all independent like he is preparing for his first semester at college.

My heart bursts with joy when I see him doing stuff...big boy stuff. But, it also burns just a little.

Tonight, Wyatt went out on the lake with Daddy and friends. When they returned Wyatt was hungry and wanted cereal so I poured him a bowl, added some milk, threw in a spoon, and he went to work devouring it. He looked SO big eating his cereal. I just watched him as my eyes filled with tears and I just sat wondering where my baby went. For real, tears while I watched him EAT A BOWL OF CEREAL. It was Lucky Charms and as soon as all the marshmallows were gone he set down his spoon and turned the bowl up to drink the milk. I was suddenly witnessing a full blown "kid" and not a toddler anymore. How did this happen?? Ryan and I laughed so hard we cried.

I kinda, sorta want my sweet little baby boy back...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...