This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Onions

I have such a cute husband, I know this. But, there are times when he is just beyond precious. Today was one of those days.

We had our typical lunch date today and we went to CJ’s. When Ryan picked me up he asked what I wanted and I simply stated, “something with onions.” That would normally be okay if I actually liked onions. I like onions, when very, very small, and in very small amounts. Think, minced in my pasta salad, lightly sprinkled in my fried potatoes, and heavily breaded onion rings from certain places. That’s about the extent of my onion affair. Today, however, I deeply craved onions. I wanted them on my burger and couldn’t wait to taste them. They were beyond satisfying. Now, my husband who loves onions, definitely approved of my behavior. On the way to my parents for dinner (who can pass up fried fish, hush puppies, and French fries? Not us!) we started talking about my craving for onions and I jokingly said I was probably pregnant. He is the cute part: Ryan says, “I think we are pregnant. I just feel it.” I simply laughed because I know we’re not and I asked him how long he thought that and he said a few weeks. Adorable. I told him a few weeks ago I was clearly not and he knew that, but he said a little while after that he thought I was. He FEELS it. So cute. In about 2 more weeks when I prove to him that I’m not and he was just wishfully thinking that I was, I hope he isn’t too devasted. Devastated that I was right again…not that we aren’t pregnant. Ryan and I both know that it’s going to happen when it happens. But, it is entirely too much fun fantasizing and joking about the “what ifs.” I know I married a great person…one that makes me smile and most importantly laugh. Our laugh lines are going to be grand, just you wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...