This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Potty Mouth

It is true. I, Sarah Davis, loving, sweet, caring, darling wife of Ryan Davis, have a terrible potty mouth.

I’m not sure where this little habit developed really. (Truth: I do know where it developed…frustration from people, getting with my girls and having a few drinks, this list really does go on.) I think it’s amusing really. Who decided that certain four letter words were so wrong? And why are they so tempting for me at times?

Truth number one: When I get mad, it is almost expected that I am going to develop a monstrous potty mouth. Every other word may as well be bad. Somehow, it makes me feel better. I don’t really know why , and would one day really like to find out, but until then…it Is what it is.

Truth number two: My husband gets it the worse. And by gets, I mean hears. It’s not directed at him. (Usually.) He knows that without a doubt when I am pissy in the evenings because I am hungry, tired, anything but fine, that usually one “bad” word is going to slip through my lips. Not really on purpose, but accidently.

Truth number three: I have never cared what people think of me or been afraid to speak my mind. Yes, I am without a doubt going to be that little old lady that my grandkids are embarrassed of because I know what I believe, know what I will stand for, and will never be ashamed to say it.

Truth number four: I love singing a song and they say a little bad word. Isn’t that weird? Three Six Mafia, I love. It’s terrible music, I know this. But, I can help it…it’s funny to me. Or even something similar…some beach….somewhere. You can’t help but enjoy it right?

Truth number five: My husband has just as bad as a potty mouth as I do.

Truth number six: I try really hard not to have a potty mouth in public. I try to keep it for the house or vehicle. However, sometimes it just slips out, but never loud enough for someone else to hear it.

Truth number seven: Typing this out makes it seem like every other word in my vocabulary is dirty…it isn’t…and even if it were…refer to number three.

Truth number eight: I work even harder not to have a potty mouth in front of my parents. I don’t think I ever said a bad one until after I moved out. I’m a moody person. My mother realizes this and understands it. She gets it and doesn’t say a word to me whenever I let one slip. Thanks mom…thanks for overlooking my minor flaw.

Truth number nine: Sometimes, it’s just funny to have a potty mouth. At home, when I am bs’ing (dirty word shortened) with my husband, one of us will throw it out there.

Truth number ten: We all know the king of the bad words. I hate to admit it, but it is my favorite. Eek! I know. It’s TERRIBLE. Yet, for my own sake, I know that I don’t say it as much as I used to. In fact, I can almost promise you that I used it about 80% less than what I used to. I think I used to use it on a daily basis and now I can honestly say it has dwindled to about twice a week, if that.

Truth number eleven: I am working to fix this so called “issue.”

Truth number twelve: Ryan and I know that a baby is a possibility in our near future. In fact, it could happen any day now. That alone has had us (me) working at containing our urge to not be so careless with words. It’s going to work and we are going to be successful.

Truth number thirteen: There will be a day whenever I don’t have a potty mouth. I’m almost sure of it…until then, (beep) happens.

Truth number fourteen: Because I said (beep) happens, I am officially cast down and not considered wholesome I’m sure. Again, refer to number three.

Truth number fifteen: I never try to be all around perfect. Try to be a perfect wife? Absolutely. I thrived daily to be a better wife than I was the day before. I don’t always succeed, but I can tell you that I have a husband who appreciates my effort and loves me unconditionally. That...that is something that I am blessed to have. My husband and I are perfect for each other. I know his buttons, he knows mine. Sometimes those buttons are so tempting to press…usually when I am grumpy…and I do press them. Yet, my husband doesn’t mind. I don’t mind when he presses mine because, and only because, I know that there is no one person in the world that either one of us would love to annoy more. That is our marriage… one in which I adore… potty mouth and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...