This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

8 weeks

I feel like I have such a big boy on my hands...

-Eating 6 oz every 3 hours
-Size 1 diaper
-0-3 month clothes
-Discovered your fists and decided they are mighty tasty
-Just talk, talk, talk and it is soo cute
-Smiling all the time
-Bedtime is anywhere between 10-10:30 and you wake up between 7-8
-Rolling over
-Liking tummy time and your play mat
-Really like your bouncer, but not your swing
-Like your paci, but aren't in love with it

I have an 8 week old already and while I would never wish away the weeks, I must admit that each week is more and more fun. It is just so exciting when he recognizes us and starts smiling when we talk to him. He is just so much fun and boy do we love him.

I start back to work 4 weeks from today. I'm devasted that I will be leaving my baby, but I am so relieved that he will be watched by both grandmas at our house. This will make mornings a whole lot easier and the fact that I will be home everyday at lunch. I'm so OCD that I am already trying to figure out a schedule so that I can have the first feeding with him, or at least start it. I know that working 8 hours a day and getting home around 5:15 will leave precious few awake hours with my little guy. I joined a gym yesterday, so factoring that in as well should be a challenge. I am by no means a morning worker-outer so it will be challenging for me to get home, get dinner cooked, get baby fed, and a workout in. I'm thankful I have a husband who will help with whatever needs to be done at the house (laundry, dishes, cleaning) so that I can leave for an hour (already planned: it will be during his early evening nap). I'm extremely nervous about returning to work and juggling everything- my marriage, mommyhood, work, etc. But, I pray every night for the strength to make it work and to know what my family needs. Weekends with Wyatt are going to become that much more important to us.

I would love, love, love to be a stay at home mom. Actually, I would even settle for being a part-time stay at home mom. I think it's my duty to contibrute to my household financially, even if it is a little. I think it's healthy for Wyatt to have plenty of interaction with other people (read: grandmas) and be able to depend on not just his mother, but other people as well. Also, for my sanity, I think I would need to be out of the house a few hours out of the week. Ryan and I have talked extensively of making our wish come true about me being a part-time stay at home mom. In fact, I just want to be one until our kids start school. Financially we aren't quite to that point where I will be staying at home. We know that we want to start building our house in Dardanelle next year if we sell ours. It will be work for us to sell our house, start building a new one, all the while figuring and rearranging budgets so that I won't be working full-time. We can only hope and pray that He will provide for us. So hopefully, the plan is at the end of the year I will become a part-time stay at home mom...that is if I don't enjoy being back at work and juggling everything in my life so that nothing is neglected. Just pray for us and that we can figure it all out. We're not too worried about it, because we know it will all work out the way it is supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...