This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mr. Boss Man

I have a new boss and he looks something like this:
He's cute, right? (I think he is the one "man" I can get away with saying is the cutest.thing.ever. without his daddy getting offended.)

Anyway, like I said, he is my new boss...unofficially for the next 5 weeks. Officially beginning September 1st.  

I am so excited and feel so extremely blessed that I am going to be able to work part-time Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays of each week beginning in September. That's in only a month! I am unofficially starting this schedule today, thanks to my (real) boss who I feel has bent over backwards for me. She has been really good to me and Ryan and I are both feeling very lucky.

While we are beyond excited about this new chapter of our lives, it comes with a little bit of mixed emotions and feelings. We are basically going from a two income family where we felt very comfortable to basically a one income family. Little scary, right? Absolutely. However, with lots of praying, budgeting, and realizations we find this to be a good fit for our family.

Wyatt isn't always going to be a baby. Oh you didn't realize that either? Well, it may come as an absolute shock to most just how fast babies do grow up.  It's one of the saddest things I've ever seen. My newborn becoming a baby and soon my baby becoming a toddler. I wish I could just freeze time right now or at least be able to bottle up that baby smell, the baby laugh, the baby sounds, heck even the baby spit up smell. I know that I am going to miss every little bit of it once it passes. We thought long and hard if we were going to be able to "make" it comfortably like we were used to if I decided to work part time. With lots of thought and consideration of things, we decided that I in fact would be able to. Like I said, I feel so extremely blessed to be getting 4 straight days with my little guy and also a little "me" time by being out of the house working. I am honestly getting the best of both worlds.

It's going to be a change that is for sure. Random shopping trips to Branson for a weekend will now have to be planned and anticipated. We will be declining more invites to do stuff, but there is nothing more fulfiling than being at home more, having a cleaner home, more home cooked meals, more family time on weekends, a happier husband, and a happier marriage. I am so excited and I know that we are going to be fine and will adjust well.



“Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?" “For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Matthew 6:31-33

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...