This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Wedding weekend

Last night we went to Darren and Kate's wedding. It was so much fun to have an "adult" night out for once, but I have to say I (we) definitely missed Toot! This was Wyatt's first overnight trip...the first night he wouldn't be right across the hall from me. Very sad, but at the same time I knew it had to be done. I was going to try really, really to not cave in and go pick him up on the way home...we failed miserably. By the time we got on the road to head home after 11, I started crying, wanting to see him. Ryan kept asking me if I wanted him to stop and I kept saying no, but my heart felt a little lighter as he slowed the car as we approached the turn off to mom and dad's. I snuck into their house, gave him a quick kiss, and was out the door. It made me feel a million times better just getting to see him... I don't think I can technically call this his first overnight trip since I did see him. Oh well...baby steps right? He did wonderfully for his Mimi and Pawpaw. Going to bed at 9 and getting up at 6. He's been a bit fussy today, but I attribute it to him being out of his norm. Oh well! Fussy or not we sure did miss him and love having him back at home!

Now some pictures from last night.
Me and the bride


Me and my handsome hubby!



The Groom, Ryan, and Brett

My dress was a long one and kept getting in my way. That is the garter and yes, I did feel like I was living in the 90's again.

We had a lot of fun getting our dance on. Or at least I did. I told Ryan I felt like I was back in my prime again. Ha! Funny how being a mommy makes you feel a little awkward dancing...oh well...some things you are just never too old for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...