This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

44 weeks and Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine’s Day!!

Today, on this special day sprinkled with extra love, our sweet little boy turned another week older. 44 weeks old! Let’s do the math: 52-44=8. So only 8 more weeks until he turns the big 1!!
This morning, we all exchanged Valentine’s cards and Daddy got mommy some Miniature Reese’s cups. We hardly do gift exchanges for this holiday. He decided he is getting something for his gun and I’m going on a shopping trip later this week. We are also doing our “date” this weekend. We are super romantic can’t you tell? We did get the baby some books for his Valentine’s gift though. Can never have too many of those. I also ordered these yummy little suckers too.
Wyatt gave all his grandparents their Valentine’s cards too. He is such a sweet, sweet little boy. He must get that from him momma. He got some money for his savings account and Elmo from his grandparents in return. He isn’t spoiled in the least.

In honor of V-Day, I decided to do this little quiz about me and my Valentine:
How long have you and your significant other been together? Total? 3 years and 3 months.

How did you meet? (What’s your love story?) Well, we met randomly one night in the spring of 2008 when I was piling into the car with my girlfriends leaving a bar. It was a quick, hello, my name is Sarah, my name is Ryan, nice to meet you, see you later. He later added me on Facebook (strange that I even remember that) and I did what any normal person does and creeped on him. He was in a relationship so I didn’t even think any further than that. Fast forward to November 2008 and I was out for my birthday (same bar) with some friends. I got asked to come over and sit with some other friends, so they could get me a birthday drink, and got asked for a birthday kiss. Ryan quickly swooped in, requested I come sit next to him, I did, we chit-chatted, sang karaoke, I drove him home, and the rest is history.
If married, how long have you been married? 2 years next month
If you are married, where did you get married? Big or small wedding? We got married in Havana at the Church of Christ and had a medium sized wedding of about 100-150 people
Do you have any nicknames that you call one another? We both call each other Bunney. Not sure where it developed, but we both call each other this about 20 times a day. People who are with us probably get tired of hearing it.
    Name 3 things you love most about your honey. #1 His sense of humor. #2 His loyalty to me and Wyatt. #3 His body. Ha, okay that was funny, no? See #1 because I know he laughed about that one. #3 His big heart.
Tell us how he proposed. One night, while watching tv, sorting through old jewelry I told Ryan that when he decided to get my engagement ring that I would need a size 6.5. (For the record, we had already went and looked at rings so it’s not like I was dropping hints.) I went back to the bedroom and was putting up some clothes when Ryan came back there, asked me if he thought this would fit, dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him. I, of course, said yes.

Is he a flower and teddy bear kind of guy, or strawberries, champagne and rose petals? Um, well he would be a flower person if I like the idea of wasting money on things that die, a teddy bear person if he knew I wouldn’t mind dust collectors, strawberries if they were in season, champagne if I preferred it over a beer, and rose petals if I was okay with the most clichéd flower out there. He is none of the above kind of guy. The kind of guy that knows that I like simple stuff and absolutely no romantic stuff.
Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or a pop a movie in and relax on the couch? Definitely a movie and couch type of girl.
Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? I would probably be really cheesy, rent a RV, and go on a really long road cross country trip. We would wear our sunglasses, visors, fanny packs, tall socks, and khaki shorts.
Tell us what you plan on doing this Valentine’s Day. We are ordering pizza and eating sugar cookies, getting lovin’s from our baby, and then cuddling up to watch Teen Mom. Are you picking up on the romance that is our relationship?
Are you asking for anything for Valentine’s Day? Just some lovin’s. And for him to give the baby a bath tonight
Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. You have to have fun and keep laughing. My favorite, is telling Ryan to French kiss me randomly. It is sure to get a laugh out of both of us. Or this one…Touch It. Inside jokes are the best thing…keeping each laughing and just being silly keeps you younger and more in love. I’m convinced of it at least.
Show us a picture of what love means to you.
    But for real:
Because he loves me, he decided to join in on my blog:
How long have you and your significant other been together? 3yrs
How did you meet? (What’s your love story?) At Galla Creek, my buddy was hitting on her trying to get a birthday kiss and Sarah told him it wasn't his bday (it was hers). I'm the best birthday present she ever had

If married, how long have you been married? 2 yrs in March

Name 3 things you love most about your honey. How great of a Mom she is, her dorkiness and sense of humor!

Tell us how you proposed. At our house nothing romantic

Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Do things together that you both enjoy

What was your first impression of your wife? A good one obviously.
What is your idea of a truly romantic evening? We don't do romantic evenings
Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? Go snow skiing

1 comment:

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...