This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Feeding a 10.5 month old

It is no surprise that Ryan and I have a baby that likes to eat. Actually, like is an understatement. Homeboy loves to eat. Anything actually. He has started to snub his nose at the pureed baby food here past couple of weeks. We went on our weekly shopping trip together the only "baby" food item was his little pouches.

Being a first time mom I was a little confused at to what to be feeding my almost 11 month old child. It's tricky. You have to decided what is good for them and how much.

Tricky isn't quite the word for it either. I was slightly stressed at first, but now am I definitely in the rhythm I believe.

Here's what Wyatt's diet consists of....
For breakfast he has formula and Cheerios. He also has blueberry muffins, pancakes, biscuits, blueberry Eggos, and mixed berry nutrigrain bars sometime during the morninig. His second cup of formula he has oatmeal and fruit yogurt. We feed him an afternoon snack of Sargentos Cheddar and Mozzerrela cheesesticks with Club crackers, Whole Grain Goldfish, or something else. His third sit down meal is a fresh fruit- apple, banana, strawberry, kiwi, avacados, mandarin oranges, etc. with another cup of formula.

For dinner, regardless of what we are eating I always throw some of these frozen veggies-sweet potatoes, potatoes, green beans, corn, peas, black eyed peas, etc. on the stove and cook for him. Depending on the meat we are having, we cut it up for him, but he likes everything. For his dessert at dinner he gets more yogurt.He ends the day with another bottle.

Of course, all of the foods, if not bite size already, we cut up and he is a great little picker upper of food.

Those pouches are so great on the go, when fruit and veggies won't be readily available. Also, Wednesday I discovered Chick-Fil-A's kid meal with grilled chicken nuggets. Awesome! I get that for him and eat the french fries. Wyatt apparently doesn't like french fries either. Whhhaaat? I know, but I am very thankful for it.

I think that is the gist of what we feed him. I know that we are setting examples so I'm happy to say that a lot of the "junk" we have always bought is beginning to dwindle. The sweetest thing in our house is probably pudding cups and jello. And, we have started eating a ton more veggies so yay for us!

Any more suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...