This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Friday, April 19, 2013

The Nitty Gritty part 2

Well, I am 11 weeks into being a mother of 2 kids. While my first "Nitty Gritty" post shared how hard I thought being a mother of 2 under was this post is to declare that the clouds have parted, the birds are singing, and life seems to be easy again. Sure, it's busier and we are slightly more tired but overall life just seems normal again.

I think we have adjusted to life with two little people. Correction: I know we have adjusted to life with two little people.

And you know what?

It's fun! So, so much fun!

I (we) are feeling so lucky because Claire is being a little rockstar and consistently sleeping 8-10 hours at night! She even threw in a 12 hour stretch in there earlier this week! She goes to bed at 6:30-7 and while that seems way to early, that's what she prefers. It would be like pulling teeth to try and get her to stay up any earlier so we just go with it! We don't hear from her until sometime after 4...you just never really know when it's going to be...sometimes 4, sometimes 6, sometimes 7! This morning it was 5:30. I can totally work with this...especially because I have a good husband who gets up for this feeding.

My heart is so happy with what God has blessed me with. I love being a mom to two kids. I love how busy the days are. Claire has started showing us more and more of her personality and she is just the sweetest little thing. What's crazy to me is how much I wanted two boys. I wanted (I thought) to be a boys mom because little girls slightly terrified me. But, what I know now is that God knew exactly what my heart needed. I needed a little boy to steal my heart first and then for a little girl to come along with the promise of always being my little princess. My heart just grows bigger and bigger each day I get to be with them.

I started back to work Monday doing my part-time hours like I had before. I'm working Monday-Wednesday and it went well. I, of course, missed them so much, but it was good for me to be away from them. To get a "breather" if you will before jumping back into "full-time" mommy mode the remainder of the week. This is the best balance I believe and I feel so fortunate that I am able to do this.

So to all you mommies who are awaiting the second baby (or even planning a second) it is hard at first, but I promise you it does get easier day by day. Just push through, keep praying for sanity, and know that just like with the first, it all pays off in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...