This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Big Week Ahead

It’s Monday. Finally. I can honestly say that I haven’t looked forward to a Monday since March when it was the week of our wedding. I feel like I have had so many things happen to me within the past two years. Friday, my 25th birthday, marks the two year anniversary of Ryan and I meeting and beginning our whirlwind courtship. We were inseparable from that night and 7 months later we were engaged…9 months after that married, 2 months later honeymooned in Alaska, and 2 months after that conceived our first child. My birthday this year is monumental. I am turning the big two-five and---AND we are finding out if we are going to have a son or daughter. This is huge and by far the best birthday present I think I’ve ever received. (Well, aside from my husband that we like to joke was my 23rd birthday present.) Up until last week it was always “a boy or a girl” and now it’s “a son or daughter.” Reality pretty much set in at that point when I realized that it’s so much more than a boy or girl. It still blows my mind that we are having a baby (and soon). Saturday morning while we were lying in bed about to start our day I started to feel the baby kicking. Not too much longer and Ryan will be able to feel it too, but at that time he will be able to refer to him or her as Wyatt or Talulah. I am beyond thrilled to be referring to the baby by its actual name. It will seem even more real at that point. I’ve held off completely on buying anything and the itch to burn through money like it’s going out of style is getting the best of me. It will probably be best that Ryan doesn’t see any of the bank statement reflecting this upcoming weekend’s purchases. (Thank goodness I am the finance person in our duo.) With that little word, duo, I am taken back that we are a soon to a trio. Ryan and I both knew we wanted to be parents, but reality is beginning to set it. For example, driving down the road we discuss what it will be like in a few months when we have a car seat in the back and a little sleeping baby (I’m quite the optimist, right?). I’m ready for the lugging around of the diaper bag, the entertainment we have to tote everywhere, and all the “awww” moments. I’m ready for parenthood and so is Ryan. That’s not to say that we aren’t absolutely petrified beyond any measurable amount because we are. I am full of fear that I won’t reach the expectations that I have set for myself. Yes, like any other mom-to-be, I want to be super mom- the one who looks perfectly put together even on crummy days, the one who always knows what their child wants, the one who can multi-task and always have a hot meal on the table waiting for my husband to get home, the woman that my husband did marry. With all that said I have always been the realist. I know that I am going to fail at things, but as long as I have a husband who is supportive and reminds me that I’m doing the best I can that’s all I need. Ryan is a great husband and I look forward to seeing what type of father he will be. So, with all that said let’s hope for a quick week and that Friday evening approaches quickly so we can share with not only our family and my closest friends, but everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...