This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Monday, February 21, 2011

100th post: Pedicure courtesy of the hubs.

I have a great husband. I have always considered myself very, very lucky to have met, captured the heart of, and eventually married someone as wonderful as Ryan. I knew that he would make a great husband from the day I met him. Now that I'm carrying his baby I get to experience even more perks of being his wife. He will absolutley bend over backwards for me and I am so thankful for that. I am finally to that awkward stage of my pregnancy...I think. Whereas I am still able to throw my leg up on the bathroom counter and paint my toenails it is simply uncomfortable and makes it pretty hard to breathe. What's a girl to do? Enlist the help of the hubs of course. I asked him casually if he would paint my toenails and he sarcastically said something to the effect of "yah right" and so I just sat on the couch and went on about my business. Within 20 minutes of the initial question and no begging and pleading for him to paint my piggies Ryan asked when I was ready for him to start. Sucker! I knew that he secretly wanted to paint them...not because he is some creepy toenail painting man who enjoys it, but because I asked him...it was something I wanted him to do for me and that's just simply something that Ryan has a hard time objecting to. (Hate that for him.)

We had a trial run with the clear polish and then it was on to the pink I had chosen. I was (what I thought to be) very clear about how to paint toenails. You know- swirl it out the top, where to start on the toe, how to make it appear even, even which toe would be best to start on since he is a lefty. He tried very, very hard to do a good job as you can tell. Pure determination.
As we got to about the last 3 toes I begin to feel bad for Ryan. Why? He was frustrated because "he wasn't doing a good job." Poor thing. How could you not feel sorry for him. I assured him that it was fine and that my toes were looking much better than the non-painted toenails I had been rockin' for about 2 weeks now. Then...then, I made the mistake of telling him that it doesn't matter that he got paint all over my actual skin because it will just wash off anyway. Big mistake. The last 3 toes had paint everywhere... Here is doesn't look so terrible.

But a little closer up it is a little less appealing...I'm not complaining one bit though. He tried and that's good enough for me! After he was finish I set off to the bathroom where I ever so awkwardly threw the foot up on the counter and began "cleaning" up his paint job with a Q-tip and some polish removal. For his first toenail painting job I would definitely have to give him an A-.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...