This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Monday, February 28, 2011

I saw "it"

Every morning about 3am I am rolling out of bed for a potty break.

Every morning I stumble into our bathroom, flip on the light, take care of business, get a drink from my bottle of water on the night stand, walk back to the bathroom to turn off the light and crawl back into bed. I don’t dare turn on the lamp that sits on the night stand because I am trying to be “courteous” to Ryan. Like he would honestly care…a simple touch of light is much better than me flip flopping trying to get comfortable when I get back into the bed, but it makes ME feel better knowing I’m not “disturbing” him.


Sunday morning at 3:00 on the dot, I carried on with my normal activities, but this time I did something I hardly ever do- I turned on the lamp when I got out of bed. I have absolutely no idea why I did it but I proceeded with my routine, only this time while on the way back to get my usual drink I noticed something I had never noticed before…

Ryan was asleep, facing towards me with no covers up around his face when I saw it.

It, is the undenying resemblance of who Wyatt really looks like. There was no mistaking that Ryan is Wyatt’s daddy. In our 4D picture we always tried to figure out who the little guy looked like…he definitely has his daddy’s cheeks, lip shape, my fullness, and my nose. But, we always thought it was a good mixture of the both of us. Sunday morning I just stared in awe at Ryan sleeping because if I had honestly had a chance to take a picture at the moment, the pictures side by side would be incredible. Ryan was precious… A little puffy from sleeping, puckered lips, and just so peaceful. Just like Wyatt’s picture. I instantly became a pile of mush and couldn’t quit smiling.

Last night when we crawled into bed I told him what had happened and he was so upset! He said he was sorry that the little guy would end up looking like him, but I assured him he was going to be the cutest baby we will ever lay eyes on. We are 5 weeks and 5 days away (give or take) from meeting Wyatt. Where it blows my mind I am so, so ready! If he is anything near as cute as his daddy (which he most certainly will be) I will want to eat him alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...