This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Friday, May 6, 2011

A fluke?

We had our best night ever at the Davis household last night.

After being fed, I got Wyatt asleep by 10:30, put him in his crib, said a little prayer that he'd stay asleep, and prepared for bed myself. Ryan had already fallen asleep on the couch so I just turn off the lights, let him be, and crawled into bed by 11.

I awoke suddenly a little confused and immediately looked at the clock thinking it would be no later than 12 because I didn't figure Wyatt would have slept long at all without a peep especially at night. The shock on my face when I saw 2 something was probably priceless. I hopped out of bed and hurried to his room where the little toot was sleeping so soundly. Hmm...back to bed I went to get in those extra minutes of sleep in because I would have bet money he was about to wake up for good. I fell right back asleep and later heard the crying...which I figured was 15 maybe 20 minutes later. Nope- try 2 more hours. Wyatt had slept from 10:30-4 without waking up. This can't be normal and I was a little uneasy thinking he had gone that long without eating...but, I'm a believer in babies will wake when they need to eat so who knows...? I made a bottle, woke up Ryan, gave him strict instructions to feed baby, burp, swaddle, rock, and when he is good and asleep stick him back in his crib. Within 30 minutes or so Ryan was in bed with me and we slept without interruption until 7 this morning.

Good job Wyatt. If only this was our routine every night we would be doing fabulous at almost 4 weeks.

However, I know it's just a fluke. This can't possibly happen every night, but I most certainly welcome it again...even tonight if that's a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...