This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The past month

One day shy of baby's one month birthday...boo.

I have discovered quite a few things in the past month. Things that definitely remind me that I am in fact a mother.

I have always been very routine. I like it that way. I like knowing that my days are predictable. Since having Wyatt I fill like a hot mess in more ways than one.

Pre-baby, I would take a shower every night. Post-baby, I feel lucky if I get a shower. It's usually still in the evening but I would never imagine what a luxury it is. I like to wait until Ryan is home and on "baby duty." My normal shower which was 15 minutes is now streched to about 25. Seriously, it's like a mini-vacation. I never really cared to be "dirty" if I was doing dirty or outdoorsy stuff. If, however, I was getting dirty and it wasn't a planned event I would immediately feel the need to shower. Now? Now I could care less. Case in point- yesterday Wyatt spit up a lot while I was burping him. Like, all down my shirt, down my bra, even soaking into my shorts. It was gross, yes. I just wiped it up, put him down, changed clothes, put on a new bra, and we went about feeding again. This was about 1 o'clock in the afternoon...I didn't shower until after 9. I know, I know...I'm absolutely disgusting.

My baby can have a slight bit of spit up on him and I feel the need to redress him immediately while I can and have wore the same shirt two days in a row during feedings/changings/burpings so you know there had to be some goods on there. See, still gross.

As of two nights ago, I finally didn't sweat through my jammies. No one told me that I would sweat through clothes while sleeping once I had a baby. I mean, I knew my hormones would be insane, but really...yuck. I should just say that I have washed lots and lots of my jammies in the past month.

My poor husband...he thinks I have been so crazy and while he would never admit it to my face, he has most definitely told people that I was. Yesterday I told Ryan that I am 3/4 of the way to feeling normal again. I really have 1/4 of the way to go, but I think that in about 2 more weeks I will be good to go...you know, when I have my 6 week checkup. Ha!

I haven't cooked but once since having Wyatt and (head hung in shame) it was just spaghetti, but I felt like such a warrior for making that. I have got to get back in the groove of cooking on a daily basis. In fact, I am going to cook pork tenderloin tonight. Wish me luck...this is if little man decides to let me. (Is it bad that I feel okay having a baby to blame on my lack of cooking? No? Okay, didn't think so.) Side note: I did make me blueberry muffins this morning. That is a bit of progress I like to think.

While I am still adjusting to life with a baby, it has been the most stressful, exciting, and shortest month of my life.  I look forward to seeing what the second month brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...