This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

First off, we would like to thank all the people who have/are serving our country. It definitely takes a certain person who is brave enough to do so and a person who is willing to do so should never be overlooked or forgotten.

This was Wyatt's first Memorial Day! On most Memorial Day weekends we are on a creek. This is the first time we haven't been and we will openly admit that we felt a little bit sorry for ourselves. Granted, we very well could have loaded up the canoe and tent and headed for the creek because we have parents that are very willing to keep Wyatt, but opted not to.

On Saturday we woke up and did a whole lot of nothing. Okay, so maybe I did a whole lot of nothing. Ryan and his step-dad put a new front door on the house. I just sat around and took care of a fussy baby. I felt bad for Wyatt since it was his first real "bad" day. I never gave it much thought, but I guess it does  make sense that babies, as well as big people, have their own bad days. This was his first. If he wasn't being held there was no hope for the little guy. Needless to say his got lots of cuddle time. Later in the day I got so bored that I decided to make some homemade chocolate chip cookies. (I'm really doing terrible at getting back into shape. I did, for the record, get up and run that morning though.)

 Sunday was my MIL's birthday so we headed out to their house after church for a cookout. We of course took some pictures and watched our little man roll over plenty of times! We also left the baby with them for a few hours while we went to the movies with friends.
 When we got home we ended up putting our flags out on the mailbox. We are in fact starting our little guy off right and encouraging him to be patriotic. It's our duty.

 Today, we went to mom and dad's for a little pool time! Mommy caught some rays while Mimi took care of Wyatt. We were planning on letting him "swim," but the pool was a little too chilly still so we will have to wait a few more weeks. We are still planning on having a little water baby!
So that was our 3 day weekend. I'm ready for another, but I know that the next time we have one I will be starting back to work. July 5th will be here before I know it. Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...