This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Single Mom

Every time I watch 16 and Pregnant I am instantly grateful for the wonderful husband that I have helping me raise our son. I could not imagine those first few weeks trying to do everything on my own and not having the support in decisions I make.

 Last night was my first night alone with Wyatt. I am thankful that Ryan is only away from home a couple nights out of the month because if it was anymore than that I would seriously go insane.

Daddy time is when Ryan gets home and takes over...it's when him and the little guy get to bond and I only intervene when necessary. Last night, I found out what it was like to take care of a baby 24+ hours without any help. It wasn't hard by any means because we are blessed with a great baby who sleeps 6-8 hours at night and is hardly fussy during the day. Just knowing what it was like never being able to hand the baby off for a little "me" time (even if it was 30 minutes and not during nap time) had the potential to be challenging.

I would hate knowing that while I was about to have a baby the fact that his/her daddy may not be present is heartbreaking. I thank God each and everyday for the little miracle he has trusted me and Ryan with and also for Ryan himself. I know that I couldn't do it without him, nor would I ever want to.

On a random side note, last night I wanted another baby so stinkin' bad. Actually, I think it was more that I wanted to be pregnant again. I loved being pregnant and the end product is unlike anything you could imagine. I've pretty much decided a second baby will come sooner than later...and sooner may be about 2 years, but still.

Little man turned 5 weeks old yesterday.

-Wears size 1 diapers
-Eats 4.5-5 oz every 3-4 hours
-Go to bed anywhere between 10-11 and the past two nights woke up about 5 for a feeding, but go right back to sleep.
-Are becoming more and more alert
- Follow me with yours eyes when I walk past you
-Are discovering your little voice
-Are smiling more
-In 0-3 month clothes
-Enjoying bath time more and more

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...