This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

4am Wakeup Call

Claire slept through the night two nights in a row last week. It made this momma and daddy oh so happy. Then, she started waking up at 4 am like clockwork.

She still continues to do this.

I want her to sleep through the night so bad. Those two nights of her sleeping from 10-7 were awesome, I can't deny that. But, I have to remember she is on her own time AND sleeping from 10-4 isn't bad at all. We don't hear a peep from her and it truly is like clockwork that she starts to fuss and wants to eat at that time.

My internal clock has already adjusted to this too. The night before last when she woke up at 5 instead of 4, my eyes popped open at 4, waiting.

The good things about the 4 o'clock wake up call is that we switch who gets the feeding. One night it's me, the next night it's Ryan. Luckily, she sucks down the bottle and you're up and down in 30 minutes or less.

Unfortunately for me, it takes me a good hour to fall back asleep. Apparently I can run pretty well on 6 hours of sleep. I don't think Ryan has this problem.

While this initially annoyed me, I now embrace it. It's just a matter of time before she sleeps through the night (I hope). It's a matter of time before these days of the house being completely quite and the only sound I hear are the little sounds of her eating, half asleep. I decided to make the most of this fleeting time. I pray over her for those few minutes she is in my arms and there are no distractions. I pray for her future, her friends, her spouse, that she comes to love the Lord, that she can put all her trust in Him.

This has truly made the wake up call a lot less painful and a whole lot easier on me.

(Not a 4am picture, but definitely what I'm blessed with getting to look at.)
 
But, I'm only human and on those mornings that it's Ryan's turn you best believe I am kicking him out of bed quicker than you can imagine!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...