This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

June 3, 2012

Another post I found in my drafts... loved re-reading this!


I've had perma-grin for most of the day. This particular Sunday is a day I truly will never forget.

Today, we found out we are expecting our second child!!

The day started out normally, just figuring out the logistics of where were we were going to church today since I had a wedding on Magazine to attend so we opted for church in Havana with Ryan's dad. While getting ready I told Ryan we needed to stop and get a pregnancy test to "feed my addiction." Hello, my name is Sarah, and I take monthly pregnancy tests. He kinda of laughed at me, but I told him I was serious that I took a test every month since we had started trying. It helped me ease the anticipation I guess. We stopped by Wal-Mart in Dardanelle and then stopped by mom and dad's on the way so I could "use the bathroom." This wasn't the first time I had done this so I'm sure my parents thought nothing of it. When I took the test I immediately saw the postitive sign and I immediately teared up and thanked God for this blessing. I rushed to the car with the test in my purse and we said bye to my parents. Ryan had hung out in the car with the baby and mom and dad came outside to see him. As soon as we said bye and before we even got the windows started rolling up I shrieked, literally shrieked-- I'M PREGNANT! Ryan didn't believe me so I whipped out my test and proved it to him. We weren't seconds from the house and Ryan asked if we should tell our parents today. I, of course,was going to bust at the seams so we turned around and pulled into the drive. Dad was outside and mom was just about at the door so Ryan waved her out to the vehicle and as she was walking up I said that the real reason I came over was to take a test and it was positive! They were so excited!! I think in shock as well. Once we hugged and got our congratulations in we loaded up since we still had to make it to church. On the way we called Ryan's mom and told her. I think she was shocked as well. After church we had lunch and ended up telling Steve and Talina who were so excited too!

It's hard to believe that Ryan and I are going to be parents again. It's even more hard to believe that Wyatt is going to be a big brother!

I feel so blessed to have another little baby growing inside of me. I continue to thank God for choosing Ryan and I as his or her parents. 

So far, I don't feel any differently...just on cloud 9 as I've kept telling Ryan all day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...