This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Monday, December 20, 2010

24 Weeks, 2 Days



How far along? 24 weeks, 2 days (EWWW on the picture this week. Dear future Sarah, do not take early morning pictures when you are slightly puffy from sleeping. Any, if next week you still look slightly puffy and it's not an early morning picture it's simply because you are pregnant and growing...HA!)

Total weight gain: 11 pounds

Maternity clothes? Negative

Sleep: I sleep pretty soundly.

Best moment this week: Having my tummy transform into a wave pool when Wyatt starts moving.

Movement: He moves all the time now. Daddy actually gets to see him creating little waves all over the place. My mom, Ryan's mom, and Auntie Kylie have all felt him move.

Gender: Boy! Wyatt Hudson

Labor Signs: No and don't want them until April.

Belly Button in or out? In.

Cravings: Still none.

What I miss: Sleeping on my tummy.

Weekly Wisdom: Just a sip of Red Bull is not a good idea...

Milestones: We finally painted Wyatt's room and ordered his crib today. We are making progress...






And the award for dumbest mommy-to-be goes to...(drumroll)...this girl! For my acceptance speech I would like to apologize to my son, Wyatt and his dad, Ryan. To Wyatt, I just want you to know that I really enjoy Red Bull. I have for a while now and it's a treat when I get it. I used to have it stocked in my fridge during my last semester of college, but I quickly grew out of it. On occasion I would buy one at a gas station and when I went to a bar I would have a shot or two (or three or four...) with a little Jager it in, but nothing too terrible. I honestly like the taste. Sigh...which brings me to today when Daddy happened to have on in the fridge (saved from a early morning of hunting). I begged him to let me have it as soon as I discovered it was in there, but like a responsible person he refused...until today. When he was leaving to go back to work he took it with him and I begged and pleaded for him to open it right then and give me a sip. A sip- that's all. I figured it couldn't hurt considering there are women who drink a lot, lot worse. (By this I mean non-alcoholic beverages and more specifically a Mt. Dew or something similar...something just all around bad.) Well he caved, opened it, and let me have a sip. Literally it was less than a 1/2 ounce because he was pulling it away before I even got my lips on it. The taste was magnificent and just as spectacular as I remembered. That was all I needed was that little bit. So, to Ryan, sorry I am completely irresistible..er, persistent...and always get what I (think) I want and need. When I got back to work I literally felt like a horrible mommy. My child wasn't moving any and he normally does in the afternoon. (To make me feel better, I've about got Wyatt's sleep schedule down...I'm moving up on my negative mommy points.) I felt guilt...I've poisoned my child I had decided. About an hour after the Red Bull "accident" Wyatt came down from his "cocaine" high (or paralysis...whatever you prefer) and was moving about as normal. I apologized and promised never again. . .


We did get Wyatt's room painted this past weekend and I am getting more and more excited about getting it ready. We are ordering the crib tonight and I guarantee it's going to be a we got this, and this, and this in the next few weeks. Reality it really setting in that we have a little boy on the way. But check it--- Wyatt's mobile is waiting for him...



Yes...those are in fact duck decoys and yes, I am in fact joking...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...