This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Last day of the year...

It's finally New Years Eve and I am not the least bit excited about "celebrating" tonight. That's terrible, I know. We are going to Ryan's friend's house this evening to celebrate...if that's what you want to call it. Starting an evening at 8:00 in the evening in no way, shape, or form sounds appealing to me. I would much rather put on jammies and be curled up in front of the tv while Ryan watches Duck Commander and I read a book. That's an ideal night for someone who is nearly 6 months pregnant.

I know we will have a good of a time as possible considering the conditions, but I can't help but be a Debby Downer about it all. NYE is my favorite holiday. Ever. There isn't a holiday that really even touches it and I'm extremely sad that today, the most glorious day of the year, is just one of those blah days. I've even cried about 3 times today. Pathetic, right? I know that I am probably feeling sorry for myself...considering I won't be with my besties, I won't be getting to dance my little heart out, I won't have a drink at midnight...in fact, I probably won't even see midnight this year. It's all very awkward to me.

In an effort to make me feel better about the conditions, I did make homemade peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. (And when I say homemade, I literally mean from scratch.) Go me because they were awesome! Last night we had dinner with all but one of my best friends. It was so wonderful getting to have one last dinner of the year with the people I adore. We had lots of laughs, which is always expeceted. It compensated for not getting to ring in the new year with them.

I know that I shouldn'd be such a DD today, for tomorrow starts a new year. A year that is going to be the best year ever. We will be welcoming little Wyatt Hudson into our family and that alone in itself has me more excited than I could ever put into words. I know he is going to steal my heart the moment I actually see him in person. I will have lots of growing up, learning, laughter, and tears in 2011 but I know it will all be worthwhile.

So, in an effort to make the rest of my day a little bit better I will wish everyone a wonderful two thousand eleven. I hope that it is your best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...