This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

American Idol

I’m a music junkie…

I love American Idol…

I’m pretty sure two years ago when my beloved Paula left I vowed to never watch it again. I love Paula Abdul. Why? I wanted her wardrobe and I’m pretty sure I would have fit perfectly into her outfits without alterations. “Straight Up” Paula, I am “Forever Your Girl.” (Get it?) Well, I ended up watching it last year because of Ellen. I think she’s hilarious and I can easily put the fact that she likes women over men to the side. Also, she starts her shows out dancing…yes, that’s probably why we would be bff. Last year, when I heard that Ellen (and Simon, whhhaaaat?) were dunzo I (secretly) vowed not to watch the show ever again. But, last week the season rolled back around and I couldn’t bring myself to deleting it from our DVR so I sat down and watched it and was instantly in love again…

Randy I have always liked and as for the new judges? Well…

J. Lo, Jennifer, Selena, whoever you are, I really, really like you actually. And your pretty hair. I’ve always liked your music, but I was a little afraid that you may not be “genuine” and a little too “fake” for me but in fact you are not. I like you…don’t disappoint.

Steven Tyler…you annoy me with your shrieks, but you are in fact a legend. I love your sarcasm and your ability to just say it like it is. We would probably be friends in real life if I weren’t a little weirded out by you…

I’ve liked the past 3 shows that I’ve seen (and since our Vampire Diaries in on and we won't be watching tonight's AI until after I'm on to only 3)…I love the 15 year old singing Otis Redding. Sigh. You may be one of my faves and all girls that have raspy voices are also up there. Accountant with a great sense of humor, don’t ever lose it. But…I am thoroughly impressed with one fella named Chris Medina.

His story was heart-wrenching. Dating his now- fiancée for 6 years, proposing, being engaged for 2 years as they had planned, and then 2 months prior to their wedding day she gets in an accident leaving her with a traumatic brain injury and in a coma for nearly 2 months? I cried and cried over it. Not just over the fact that bad things seem to happen to good people, but because Chris was one things that a lot of guys especially now days are not. Chris is a MAN. A man deeply in love with one person, regardless of any situation. A real man says, “Through thick and thin till death do us part, in sickness and health, for better or worse. What kind of guy would I be if I walked out when she needed me the most?” His fiancée is a very lucky woman and I am almost positive that she knows this. He takes care of her now with the help of her mother. He is a hero in my book. I admire his devotion to her. I admire that he didn’t walk away when the accident slightly altered the way his beloved bride to be looked only on the outside. I admire the fact that he stuck by her side. I truly admire whoever raised him and brought him up with morals and a heart big enough to endure that type of pain seeing the one person you love struggle with so much. I wish that every guy could be as devoted to one person through good times and bad times as Chris is.

I’ll be honest when I say that I immediately questions whether Ryan would stick by my side if something traumatic happened to me. The answer? Without a doubt. I would never, not for one single moment question Ryan being by my side when I needed him most. He has such a big heart. He was raised right with love and appreciation for life. I’ve been told stories about Ryan’s grandma, who I never got the pleasure to meet, and when she was sick. His Papaw was by her side constantly. It was his job. Never a burden, but just what you do when you truly love someone. I admire people, at any age, who stick by their loved ones. I know there will be a day when it’s Ryan and I are in unfavorable situations and I vow to be there by his side no matter what. I know I will get the same in return. We, together, also vow to raise our children with this attitude in hopes that they may someday, if the situation occurs, be the type of man or woman that we see in Chris Medina.

So, I am rooting for you Mr. Chris…not only in American Idol, but in life as well along side your lovely bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...