This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

38 weeks


Yes, I am extremely skanky in this picture. But! It was taken on one of the yucky rainy days we had lately, once I got home from work, and shows what I am hanging out in everyday that I get home from work...hubby's sleep pants and an oversize shirt. This is real life people. Deal with it!


How far along? 38 weeks, 4days (yes-very very late since my hubs was gone on our picture taking day and I just remembered last night to take it!)

Total weight gain: 25 lbs...I'm gaining weight now like it is going out of style. Can you see where my fear of a 10 lb baby is coming from?! I am lucky though because it is all belly!


Maternity clothes? Just my maternity jeans on weekends and the few dresses I bought...I am about to start living in one pair of gauchos because they are extremely comfortable!


Sleep: When I am asleep, I am sleeping like a champ. I am getting up every two hours now to potty and that's seriously not cool.


Best moment this week: It's hard to think back to last week and what the best moment was...every day is good because I know I am getting closer to the end.


Movement: We are definitely slowing down... He is suppose to move 10 times in 4 hours. That's what "healthy" babies do. So far, so good.


Gender: Boy! Wyatt Hudson


Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks and I are BFF. I have them all day and I have a lot of pressure down town and in my bottom. Back pain is also on the list. However, no need for excitement---homeboy will be (fashionably) late!


Belly Button in or out? It's actually getting deeper, which is fantastic. I love that it hasn't popped.


Cravings: Pop Ice popsicles and Goldfish crackers


What I miss: Being tan, being skinny, being able to sleep for more than 2 hours without getting up for a bathroom break, having more energy, working out, a cold beer, a run, no back pain, having my nails done (since prenatal vitamins make them grow like mad and to keep them pretty would put us in debt), my normal chest size, my ability to eat the way I use to and not feel miserable...the list really does go on. I mean seriously, when you are going on 10 months of a lifestyle change how can you not miss stuff? Don't get me wrong, Wyatt is completely worth every little thing that I have sacrificed, but I'm allowed to miss stuff.


Weekly Wisdom: You can get away with so much stuff being pregnant. It's almost comical. Don't feel like cooking supper for the hubs? Fine. Don't want to go somewhere, do something, see somebody. It's okay-you're pregnant. Don't want to get off the couch for hours? You go right ahead and rest. Don't want to give the pup a bath? Okay bunney, I'll do it for you...errrr, wait. We're still working on that one!


Milestones: Diaper bag is packed. At least he's ready...


I had a meeting with the nurse practitioner for my Group B strep on Friday...my stomach is measuring at 37 weeks which leads me to believe that our little guy is going to be coming closer to April 16th. Every u/s we had showed him measuring ahead, but a stomach doesn't lie right? Ehh...who knows. Either way, I know my window for the little guy is April 9-16. Or even sooner. Guess we will see. My only hope (today) is that he chooses his birthday.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much you've grown just in the last few weeks! And I don't mean that bad by any means.. you are WAY cute!! It's coming! You and my bf are just a week apart, she's about a week or so behind you. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's a little out of control!! It will be worth it though. Your wedding will be here before you know it too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...