This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Quick Trip

In 17 days we will be celebrating one year of marital bliss.

In 17 days we will be venturing to Branson for an “anniversary getaway” as I will call it.

I always envisioned our first anniversary would be spent somewhere exciting. We would have lots of fun spending time together reminiscing about the past year and what our plans and goals would be for the next. We would have dinner and drinks, dancing, and since we would be somewhere “fun” we would fulfill our passion of being tourists taking pictures of everything.

Instead, we will still be having fun…but a lot less “adult” fun.

When we decided to even do anything for our anniversary we knew it had to be simple. And close. And non-challenging. Our little guy will be considered full term (yay for 37 weeks!) the day before our anniversary. I was okay with just staying home, but deep down Ryan wanted to do something. Something to get me out of the house, something to at least acknowledge our special day, and so we decided to go to Branson…but not even for 2 nights…just one at that. While I’m excited to eat and shop and just be out of Russellville I’m a little bummed.

However, I am thankful that we can even go anywhere and that our anniversary is even being acknowledged. It could be a lot, lot worse.


The best part about preparing for our “getaway” was that we made a reservation for our hotel room last night. Ryan began searching because he wanted us to stay somewhere “fancy” while I was telling him to just get a room where we always stay. (He didn’t listen to me.) In the midst of his search, he asked the question (with sheer terror in his voice) “what if you go into labor while we are in Branson?!” I simply replied, “I don’t think that will happen, but if it does, my water will probably break and we will just drive home and I will tough it out through any contractions I have. That, or we will be having a baby in Branson.” This, I’m certain, petrified the poor guy. He then began to tell me that we will be installing the car seat before we leave for the trip and we will have 2 sets of luggage. Can you guess what they are? Our typical overnight bag and then our hospital bag. Oh, and the baby’s bag as well. Needless to say when we go to Branson we will most certainly be ready for the delivery of a baby.



It was so cute how concerned Ryan was regarding our little trip. It’s so weird knowing that this will likely be our last trip to Branson as a duo. It’s bittersweet I guess you could say. Regardless, I am sooooo excited and feel extremely blessed to be celebrating one year of marriage (already) to Ryan. And the fact that this could be the one and only anniversary with a baby inside me it’s sure to be extra special. But, prayers that we don’t go into labor would be greatly appreciated! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...