This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The girl who cried "labor"

We had a doctor's appointment today and truth be told I was extremely nervous. Not by the fact that it was going to be my first time to be checked for any dilating, but for fear that there would be none. I had a dream last night that I had no thinning and no dilating going on and on Sunday night when I'm pretty sure Wyatt body-slammed himself inside me had now made himself breeched. While we were waiting for the doctor I told Ryan to expect me to be crushed because this was definitely what I was going to get told today... However, it was the complete opposite! I am dilated to a 3! Repeat...a 3! He was quite surprised at my progress since I am a few days shy of 38 weeks. (He said even though he's always measured one week ahead we must calculate by the first day of my last period which puts him at almost 38 weeks even though he thinks 39 is more accurate.) Regardless I am pretty stoked that I have already made it this far on my own! He says I am still a little thick, but to be a 3 this far along and for my first baby was great. Go me! I like to give credit to my walking 10-15 miles a week. Chances are that has had nothing to do with it, but I like to give credit to something. I was also given the option to a. go naturally and let him pick his arrival up until that last day b. set an induction date at the earliest date (even though he doesn't think he'd make it to that date) c. go ahead and set the induction date that last day he'd let me go. We opted for plan b considering he doesn't think that he will make it to that earliest date he would induce me. So, unless Wyatt decides to come earlier we will be welcoming our little boy into the world on Tuesday, April 12th. I can't wait to see if he decides to come early...I am a little scared there is no question of that. Yet---I know tomorrow is April Fools Day and so I am now officially declaring that if I do go into labor at anytime tomorrow it absolutely will not be a joke! Another fear I have is that when I tell people I am in labor they will think I am joking and no one will take me seriously. How terrible would that be? So...our days of a family of 2 are numbered...while this is sad in a way it is also very, very exciting (and overwhelming). I've already re-packed his diaper bag. I only thought I was ready...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...