This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Preparation

Could it be that my body is beginning to hate me?

I think it could be the case.

Since Sunday night I’ve woken up to back pains, tightening of my stomach, and cramps that make period cramps (which I was never one to get those bad at all) seem like kid’s stuff. I have pressure in foreign places and I seriously have to potty every 30 minutes. Even my “fat ass” as we like to joke about (since it is still non-existent) seems to hurt.

This is pregnancy…and this…this is my body preparing for the birth of our son. Right? Right.

Therefore, I am okay with it.

But really, aside from all the uncomfortable affairs my body is engaging in, I am petrified that this will last for weeks. I do have less than three weeks left. I have always been convinced that our little guy will be “late.” Yet, I honestly prefer not to be induced. I want my water to break naturally. I strangely want to be timing my contractions with pen and paper and finally be able to decide “it’s time” and we rush to the hospital calling/texting all those important people. Mostly, I want to be working on Wyatt’s time…when he’s ready. If I do get the option to set an induction date I want it to be after April 9th. I want to at least give Wyatt that opportunity to be punctual…or socially early. Ha! That sound so stupid I know, but I can dream. Granted, this time next week may be an entirely different story. We will just see how it goes though.

Poor Ryan thinks every night before we go to bed that this will be the night. I don’t wake him up when I start feeling pains during the night because there’s honestly no reason to. Why should he be awake when I’m in pain where there is nothing he can do about it? So, like a good wife, I just let him snooze away while I am secretly cursing him for being able to sleep so peacefully. Then, in the morning when he asks how I am feeling, I divulge my latest woes and get my sympathy. It’s a daily thing that has started this week…let’s see if it continues. I’m sure that it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...