This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

One year anniversary

One picture from each month of our first marriage:
Today, on our one year anniversary, we took the pup hiking on Petit Jean.


March: On our mini-moon in Eureka Springs... We are in a heart shaped tub. Yup, we're dorky like that.

April: Here we are celebrating Haley's birthday.

May: The John Daly Tournament
June: Annual Milam trout fishing trip where I outfished Ryan for the second year in a row!
July: 4th of July at mom and dad's.

August: My first wake boarding experience

September: First Razorback game of the year

October: Halloween where I'm wearing Ryan's high school jersey.
November: After our gender reveal party when friends and family we headed over to mom and dad's. This was also my 25th birthday.

December: First Christmas as a married couple (and with a bun in the oven)!
January: Hunting trip!

February: The day we ended up in the ditch thanks to the husband's wonderful driving!


It is so hard to believe that tomorrow we start our second year of marriage. The first year was great. Everyone tells you how hard the first year of marriage is and to be honest that is intimidating to hear. No one wants to know that the hardest year of your relationship is ahead of you on the day that you say "I do." I knew that we were going to have our "ups and downs" and of course there were going to be disagreements. We had all of those...we had our ups and they were wonderful. We had our downs, which thank goodness they were far and few because I can't honestly think of a real "down" but I'm sure over the year there were some. And our disagreements? Oh. Boy. We sure had some disagreements...over some pretty stupid stuff at times, but then there are things that we are both passionate about and we worked them out. Ryan is a jewel because he knows how to be patient with me. I will be the first person to admit that I've been spoiled the majority of my life. I'm use to getting what I want, when I want. When I married Ryan I am almost positive my parents exhaled the biggest sigh of relief because I was no longer "their responsibilty" (or their financial burden). Ryan had decided to take on that challenge all by himself. Mega props to him. A year into a marriage I can look back and be thankful of all the things that Ryan has taught me.

We have done so much in our first year. Our second year is going to be even better. I have high hopes that each year is going to get better and better. I thank God every day that I was given such a wonderful person to spend the rest of my life with. Without him I'm not quite sure where I would be, but I know one thing for sure is that I wouldn't be near as happy as I am at this moment.

Happy anniversary Bunney! I hate you so much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...