This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Consumer Rant

I may or may not have jumped the gun on getting Marley groomed and "ready for Wyatt" himself. I wanted him to have a fresh hair cut and not knowing when the baby will come I went ahead and called Monday morning to schedule him an appointment to get groomed. Normally, I could have called on a Monday to our usual place, Canine Design, and he would have been in sometime by the end of the week. I was shocked to hear that the first opening would be April 1. Really? I guess a lot of babies are getting beautified for Spring or something. I really didn't want to want that long for fear that Wyatt may have already made his debut so I sucked up my pride and called to see if Pampered Pet Salon could get him in. Now, we have already sworn off this place once before (and luckily found Canine Design) because they straight up butchered Marley's hair. Big time butchered and no, this is not be being dramatic. We quit going to the probably over a year now, but I figured maybe it wouldn't be so bad and that was just a fluke. So this morning I dropped off little Marles and looked forward to noon when I could pick up my yummy smelling fur baby.

What I experienced a little after noon had me so aggravated and upset it even produced tears. (And, FYI, if I wasn't with child I think I would have cried as well. This one is not getting blamed on hormones.)

I waited at the counter with no one paying any attention to me (because Soap Operas are sooo much more important than customer service) and witnessed a poor poodle getting shaved by a woman who was eating pizza as she did so. SERIOUSLY? You are grooming animals with hair flying everywhere and you have the nerve to eat a slice of pizza as you are doing so?! Strike number 1.

The entire time I was standing there waiting for someone to notice me (because they have no bell or anything on their counter. Idiots.) I heard a woman that was in the same room with the fatty McGee but out of my sight yelling at a dog! I couldn't see the poor baby, but I just knew that he was petrified and probably being as good as he could be considering the situation. Homegirl just kept yelling at him to stop doing that, to behave, that she isn't hurting him, and that he needed to quit. I became livid at her way of treating that poor pup. Strike number 2.

When I was finally noticed and they asked me who I was there to get and I said Marley in a very pissed-off tone they told me the total, I paid, and she went to get my dog. My dog that looked like poop. Normally when I get Marley from his usual groomer he knows he is pretty. He struts around and is happy. Today, he was just happy to see me and to get the heck away from those pizza eating, yelling, mean people. I just knew they had been yelling at my poor puppy. As soon as I got into the car with him I started crying apologizing to him, telling him how sorry I was, that he would never be taken back there again, and that he really did look handsome...This was strike number 3.

The only comparason I have for Marley's hair cut is with good ole Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber.

And, as though his uneven hair, butchered ears (which I gave specific instructions as to how I wanted them done), and puffy bangs that they left on him weren't bad enough they sent him home in this CHEAP bandana that pretty much feels like paper. What a complete waste of $30!

I called Ryan clearly upset and he called them and complained, telling them how terrible they were and they should be ashamed because we even gave them a second chance. They then had the audacity to tell us to bring him back so they could "fix" it. Um, no thank you. I'd rather my pup look like poo for a few weeks then put him through the absolute torment that you have already caused him. So, note to self: start making Marley hair appointments a month in advance so he doesn't have to live through that nonsense again.

1 comment:

  1. I've had similar experiences when taking our girls to Pampered Pet!!! Priscilla poops in the floor every time we go to show her disappreciation for the staff!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...