This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Friday, March 18, 2011

This week:

-We got our bedroom ready for little Wyatt. Whereas I would love for the little guy to start out in his own room (which is right across from our room) I'm being realistic. I know that I won't be able to let him sleep that far away from me those first few nights (weeks). I honestly hope to get him moved into his own room very, very soon. As well as sleeping through most of the night. Quite the optimist.

-I had Ryan working on last minute projects for Wyatt as well. Each evening he had one task to complete and when I actually had nothing for him to do one night I know that he was bummed. Seriously. He even told me he was still wanting stuff to do because he felt "handy." That's what putting together a swing and test driving a pack and play will do to a guy.

-We felt Spring in the air. Yesterday we were "bored" after work so we went outside, put the pup on his stake, and chipped golf balls back and forth to each other. I'd have to say I was probably quite the sight with a massive belly and hitting golf balls back to my husband. However, I was proud of myself for how well I can still hit the ball! I think Ryan was too.

-With this Spring air, we also had to turn the air conditioner on last night. The night before I woke up thinking I was going to die of a heat stroke. I opened the window in the bedroom, turned my fan that is only used for white noise up a notch, changed clothes, and slept with nothing but one blanket. It was 70 degrees in the house and this is totally unacceptable. Last night as I was getting ready for bed and noticed it was 72 degrees in the house. If I thought 70 was unacceptable imagine my fear of seeing my house sitting at 72, minutes before I am about to crawl into bed. I opened the window, cranked the fan even higher, and hoped at minimum my room would cool off instantly. It did not... On any normal spring night (normal being Sarah isn't pregnant) I could have slept like a dream these past 2 nights. I love nights when we can sleep with our windows open and the heat/ac off. Yet, last night, like I said I was scared for my life. I knew there was no way I was getting any sleep unless that stinkin' AC was on. So, when the hubs crawled into bed, I asked if we could turn it on and shockingly he said yes. This was serious, I think he realized that. Once I heard that AC kick on I was a happy camper. (And at my 3:00 potty break I even turned the AC off and the heat back on, but made sure the heat wouldn't kick on until it got below 66. If you could have seen how bundled up Ryan was during this moment most people would have felt sorry for him. I'm sure Marley wasn't really appreciating the game of freeze out either.) I suspect this will be out nightly routine until I'm holding a baby in my arms and I'm not hormonal.

-Ryan and I experienced another first...As we were laying in bed (hoping little momma wouldn't die from heat exposure) Ryan read the Bible aloud to us. It was comforting and special and something we will probably continue.

-My flower beds started coming together. By coming together, I mean they received some pretty red mulch. Hopefully this weekend we will actually plant some flowers this weekend since we plan to be outside enjoying the beautiful weather we are supposed to have.

-I have been a complete bully...to my husband...for no reason. I know it's because I am hormonal and pregnant and just a little bit tired of being pregnant. I've snapped at him multiple times, said a few (maybe a lot) of cross words, ignored him, wanted to punch him in the face, and not even felt bad about it. The sad part is I have absolutely no reason to feel this way, but I can't help it. What's even more sad is I can have these feelings and then 2 minutes later be wanting to laugh and cut up with him, but he won't have it. What's up with that?

-I felt really "Springy" and painted my nails a pretty purple color (thank you Susan for the birthday present!). I feel I am ready to conquer Spring and feeling sassy. Ha!


-I experience Braxton Hicks for the first time. There is no question of it.

-I feel the need to have a clean house at all times. I just never know when the baby is going to come and I want him to come home to a clean house. I want to have a spotless house with no laundry waiting to be done each night before I go to bed. The reality? It's not really happening. It's clean...clean enough for me and Ryan, but not clean enough for me, Ryan, Marley, and a new baby. (I'll admit- yesterday I even tried to convince Ryan to let me hire a maid to come clean my house very thoroughly one time and let me "maintain" it. He quickly vetoed the idea, but I'm still going to work on it while I have time. That, or I may have to pull the "But mom, Ryan won't let me hire a maid and I'm just too tired and big to clean the house like I want to, so will you?" card. Any mother-daughter time spent is sure to be special, even if she is cleaning for me, right?)

-My little Bobby got fixed and vaccinated so now I have no fear that he will be gone for long periods of time and come back home beaten up looking homeless. That and the little stinker better not runaway after the pretty penny we dropped on him. I'm sure Ryan never dreamed he would spend over a $100 on a cat. See what marriage does to you? Makes you "love" cats even when you don't want to admit it.


-Speaking of marriage... this weekend is our one year anniversary. Wow. I honestly can't believe I've been married for an entire year...but that post will come Sunday unless my husband has some wonderful, special, surprise planned for me that day... So, in other words...one year post will be Sunday. Love you Bunney.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...