This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Caving In

When I was pregnant I would often reveal things that we as parents had decided not to do with our little man.

The biggest? Wyatt would never sleep in the same bed as us.

Last night, I officially failed as a mommy in my own book.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't so much a failure because...Daddy and Mommy got PLENTY of sleep!

We're talking baby slept for 5 hours, woke up for a feeding that Daddy handled, slept for 3.5 more hours and we were up at 6 for breakfast.

It's fair to say that we are well rested for the day. I can't remember feeling this "normal" since I've had the little guy and it's honestly a great feeling.

I never wanted the baby to sleep in the same bed because I didn't want to have a baby dependent on sharing a bed with us. I wanted him to enjoy his own crib (which he thoroughly does for naps-thank goodness). However, when you are sleep deprived, as we were, you throw everything out the window and think about what you need. I wanted to sleep in the same bed as my husband again...not in shifts like we had been doing. And, we had already been spoiling Wyatt by way of holding him on the couch while we slept with him so what's the difference in letting him sleep in the bed? Granted, after I got a great night's sleep we will try for the crib again. I don't want it to become a nightly thing at all. Maybe in a week or so when I'm at my wits end of not getting any sleep we will let him sleep in the bed again.

So, there's my confession for the day. I went against everything I said I would do and it hasn't even been 2 weeks. At this rate we've got a long way to go with the little guy.

And because no post is a good post without pictures...here's what Daddy finds humorous. Letting me hold my own bottle.


Don't worry...Mommy didn't let it happen for very long-- just long enough to snap a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...