This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Decorating according to Ryan

When we first started dating Ryan's house consisted of white walls, a mounted deer head in the living room, prints of ducks, birds, elk, etc. This is what he considered to be "decorating" I'm sure. Granted, it was a bachelor pad that he had living in for 2 years or so when we met. How past girlfriends delt with it is beyond me. I don't know if it was because when we started dating we just "knew" it was meant to be and I was a-okay with letting Ryan know the white walls (and animals) had to go and pretty quick. It didn't take but maybe a month and a half of dating before he let me pick the paint to redo the living room in and then the master bedroom. I was absolutely positive (and I think he was too) that I was in it for the long run.

Well, we got the painting done and to my surprise we got the animal prints taken down from all the walls and begin to put up actual "decor." The only thing I wasn't "winning" at was getting the deer head down. I'm telling you though, if it wasn't behind our tv and heavy, I probably would have gotten it down on my own. That along with one print of ducks flying in is what remains of Ryan's collection that he loved so much for so long.

Now? Now our living room feels like a shrine to the Davis'. We cannot wait until Wyatt is here and we can finally put some family pictures up! Much less awkward...

We had our anniversary a couple weeks ago. Our gifts to each other? For me it was a new Coach purse and for Ryan it was to get a duck mounted. As I had worked so hard to get all the animal stuff out of the house and out of sight, I actually gave in because I knew how badly Ryan wanted this duck mounted. I (gasp) even let him put it on the mantle. What the heck is wrong with me? Maybe it's just that I don't care and the duck is a lot prettier than a deer...I cannot wait until we build our house and the office will be harboring all the animals and prints and my living room will be free of them. Until then, I will just grin and bare it because I know that it makes Bunney happy. This is what love does to you I suppose. I will leave you with pictures of the duck...only because he's so proud of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...