This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Moby Wrap

Me and my boys (I love saying that) ventured to Conway today. I was absolutely petrified of taking our baby to our first restaurant outing...Ryan, being the "calm" one kept saying everything was going to be okay and surprisingly Wyatt did really well! He was awake for just a little bit, but then quickly drifted off. Don't let the picture fool you...he  never cried he just looks like he is on the brink of a meltdown.

 So we had a nice late lunch with adult conversations! How sweet it is! Next week we may even try a real date night sans-baby! What we did learn today was scheduling around feedings. We fed baby, loaded up, and hit the road. After lunch we decided to go to Target because I wanted to get a Moby Wrap and by this time we knew Wyatt was going to have to eat again so Ryan sat with baby in the backseat and fed him while I jammed out. (For the record, I feel like I haven't listened to music in fo-eva so I thoroughly enjoyed singing to my heart's content.) Once the feeding and burping was over we headed into the store. I was (again) scared for my life that a meltdown was going to happen...

I started shopping, browsing the clothes and bathing suits while Ryan went to the bathroom. I found a super cute shirt and put it in my cart. Not two seconds later Wyatt started to be a fussy butt so I popped in his paci which calmed him for maybe a minute. Then...then I heard it...that unmistakable sound that I have come to fear. Well, I should clarify that I don't fear it so much at home because it's manageable and I am usually in comfy clothes and if it is a horrendous episode I can quickly change. What I am talking about is spitting up. The big ones...not the little ones that aren't bad to handle, but the full fledged I-think-the-entire-bottle-just-came-up. Being alone I immediately went into panic mode because baby had spit up everywhere and was crying like his world was ending. I immediately cleaned up Wyatt as best I could, held him in the middle of the clothes trying to soothe him hoping and praying that Daddy would arrive at that very second. When he didn't arrive as promptly as I had hoped I put my shirt up, put baby back in the car seat, returned my cart, and literally ran to the car to finish cleaning up my poor baby and get him into dry clothes. I quickly sent Ryan a text letting him know of our whereabouts and wouldn't you know it wasn't 2 seconds of being in the car that he showed up. Good timing Daddy! I got Wyatt calmed down, changed, and into a new outfit when I decided we had to go home now. Yes, dramatic, but whatever. I felt bad for Wyatt and felt I was a bad parent because I let my child spit up everywhere...in a store. Granted, I had no idea it was going to happen because his spitting up is inconsistent, but you just feel like it is your fault. Since I really wanted a Moby Wrap I sent Ryan back into the store to get it and when he returned we set sail for home. Thank goodness. (Oh, but don't think we didn't stop for our Smoothie King!)

I was sooo excited to get the wrap on  and see if I like it. I've read mixed reviews about it but I can tell you that I think I am going to love it. Actually, if you ask Ryan, he would say that love is an understatement. I didn't want to take it off once I got him in there. The reason why? ( I think.) Is because it almost felt like he was back inside of me. I loved him being that close to me all snuggled up and comfy. Ahh, how I miss being pregnant! Especially when we have a gassy baby like we did about an hour ago...lucky for me daddy is very patient and we figured out how to alleviate the gas when the drops didn't work!


Thumbs up for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...