This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Monday, April 11, 2011

One Last Day

Today is/was my last day to be pregnant with Wyatt.

It has been quite an emotional day...

We slept in until 9:30. This is unheard of even on most Saturdays when we have nothing going on. I think there is a pretty good reason as to why neither of us even had the slightest urge to wake up before that. We know it will be awhile never before we will be able to do that again.

I feel extremely lucky and blessed because Ryan was basically told "to stay home with momma" today since it will be our last real day as a couple. I am very, very thankful that he was here with me during all my emotional moments.

We ran a few errands- got my wedding rings cleaned, looked at push presents, and did a little grocery shopping.

We, mostly me, soaked up all the Marley time I could get today. I cried on and off all day about how Marley will no longer be an "only child." It breaks my heart and I'm foolish for that. I know that Marley and Wyatt will mesh very well. It's just hard knowing that we are about to rock his world. (So I think...every one else tells me differently and honeslty they are probably right.)

I never figured I'd be so emotional...that my excitement about bringing a baby into the world would be overshadowed by fear. I am petrified about tomorrow. I really think everything will be okay once I am actually there and we've started getting the show on the road, but right now? Right now I'd like to "cancel" and say that I will wait until Wyatt decides to come even if it is in 3 more weeks. I don't like the feeling of not knowing what to expect.

I also realize that me and my husband are no longer going to be a family of 2. We will from now on be a trio. It's so weird knowing that it will never be us.

I love that Ryan has been so calm and collected these past few days and especially today. I need that. I needed someone to let me cry, tell me it was okay, and to tell me that they love me.

I know we are both extremely excited about meeting Wyatt, but until we know that he is here with us and that mommy and baby are both okay it's really hard to be ecstatic about the entire situation.

I, also, am so very thankful that my best friend will be my nurse. I get to spend the day with my bff and she will be there for the birth of my son. I trust her and know that I am good hands.

I (we) have prayed and prayed for a healthy baby and a safe delivery. I know that tomorrow is all in God's hands and I just have to have faith that everything will work out beautifully.

We can't wait to introduce Wyatt Hudson to everyone and finally get to see what he looks like!

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...