This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Victory is sweet

Call me crazy, but when you become pregnant you suddenly have some weird pregnancy radar going on and you know of a million women (and grandmas) that are expecting as well. I had never paid so much attention to people and their pregnancies until I found out I was expecting myself. Then? Then, it got a little weird because I wanted to know ALL about everyone else and “how they were doing.” This is when I wished more people that I knew-knew blogged. Instead, I blog-stalk expectant mommies from random blogs. It’s awkward, but at least I can admit it.

Also, when you are expecting you can remember everyone’s due date. It’s like a competition. You want to know who is due before you, with you, and after you. Then, as you approach your due date and everyone starts popping out babies left and right and you’re left with the bun still baking you wonder if it is ever going to end.

I’ll be the first person to admit how jealous I am to hear of people who are due the same time (or after) me and pop those suckers out days if not weeks before me. I get frustrated because I want to be “victorious” and for someone to be “jealous” of me while I am basking in the glory of having our sweet little newborn in our arms.

This happened last night…and by no means did I even have to pop out a baby to achieve it.

While waiting for one OB visit we sat across from a mother who was very much pregnant and her teenage daughter who had a 3 month old. I was curious as to whether they were merely friends or actually a mother/daughter duo with kids that would be months apart. They were in fact this duo and mom’s baby was actually an accident. Oops…we were fortunate enough to be within earshot of their conversation with a random bystander so we got the scoop. Another thing I learned that we had the same due date. Of course…just another person who without a doubt would have a baby before me.

However, this is not the case! In Wal-Mart last night I spotted her and immediately told Ryan (and yes, I’m tacky for dubbing her this) there’s the older –didn’t say old, just oldER—lady who’s pregnant! He of course had forgotten who she was, because unlike his crazy wife, doesn’t remember everyone with child. After I reminded him of who she was he had to instantly notice that I was gloating. Seriously. I felt victorious. I just knew I was going to beat this woman to the finish line even though I would never see the woman again. At least not before my delivery. In my mind I would be having a baby before her.

The day ended on a good note.

Today, we had our last OB appointment. In and out in 45 minutes… While I had only thinned out some more we were given our instructions on when and where to be next Tuesday for our induction. But, that (even as I type this I realize how shallow I am) wasn’t the best part. After I gave my urine sample I was heading to our room and saw her again. Yes, grandma with a baby on the way. I, again, immediately told Ryan that she was out there. (Repeat explaining who “she” was.) Our nurse was in there when I was sharing this so I proceeded to tell her the story and she said, well…she was hoping for the 12th but he is all full (Yes, I like to think I took the last spot to be induced by our shared doctor). She now is looking at the 14th. So, unless she goes sooner, I think you’ve got her beat. Music to my ears.

See how foolish pregnancy can make you? Who seriously cares when you have a baby as long as they come and are healthy! I’ll be ready to get back to my normal ways…once the “hormone-hell” I’ve read about subsides. That will be for a later post though…be sure of it.

Also…I’ll be petty one last time. I lost 2 lbs! As the nurse said, I’m getting a head start! (And without even trying! My fear of a 10 lb baby has now been replaced with oh, just a 9 lb chub!)

Also also...I got 27 well wishes from mommies and mommies-to-be from a yoga class in Alaska! I love hearing about when people read my blog and share it with others. It's so exciting and well wishes are always appreciated!!
AND-- look who finally got their craving!! Thank goodness for sno cone stands finally being open! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...