This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday's Randoms...

-I became very intrigued by the Royal Wedding. So much so that I DVR'ed the movie "William & Kate" so I would be well informed on how they met. It was a pretty good movie and I actually cried. (I will seriously be so happy when my hormones are back to their normal state.) I also DVR'ed the actual wedding because somehow or another I knew it would be extremely boring in some parts. Like all the singing, the drive to the palace, and waiting for that all important kiss on the balcony. Which, I would totally give a 4 out of a 10. That kiss was equivalent to the type of kiss Ryan and I give when we are sleepily saying goodbye to each other. I know you're royalty and all, but a little passion would have been nice. Regardless, I think Princess Catherine is drop dead gorgeous though and I'd love to have her wardrobe. While I am mentioning wardrobes, I am in L-O-V-E with all the hats that the British wear. Seriously. In Love.

-It took me 15 days to do it, but I am down to my pre-pregnancy weight! The best part? I didn't even try to lose the weight. I gained 27 pounds total...When I got home from the hospital I had 13 pounds to lose. A couple days later it was down to 9. A few days after that it was 5. Today I hit my goal. Pretty stinkin' excited. When I got pregnant I feared the weight gain because I am fully aware of how I like to eat. Um, like a pig in case you are wondering. Yet, my only saving grace was my love for being in shape. Walking 2-3 miles a day throughout my entire pregnancy is probably the only thing that saved me from gaining 50+ lbs. The kicker though? While I am back to my original weight I still have a pouchy belly. Each day I can tell it is firming up bit by bit, but it's still flabby. With that said, I am a believe in muscle memory though. I like to think my abs are dying to make their presence known again. I was a little weary having a baby in April and bathing suit being around the corner...of course I want my baby to be a water baby so momma would have to be in a bathingsuit...and soon. (And ruffly one pieces are just not an option.) Eek. Luckily though this won't be the case as I will start my workout routine on Monday and I'll soon be shopping for new bikinis. I'm also pretty lucky that I don't have any battle wounds, aka, stretch marks! Yay! This pregnancy was good to me...If we have another baby I hope it's just as easy as this one was!
My pouchy belly! Baby was definitely worth it though!

I firmly believe there are abs under there!
-"Baby blues" are real. I believe it...I've experienced it. I love Wyatt. I love being a mommy. What I'm not so much a fan of is not feeling "normal." After you have a baby your body goes through so much change. I hate not having control of my emotions. I cry at the smallest things, the dumbest things hurt my feelings, but two seconds later I can be smiling and laughing. I think the one thing that makes you realize everything is going to be okay is when you hold your baby...when you realize they need you and depend soley on you. There is no better feeling, no matter how hard it is.

-I wish someone could properly prepare me for motherhood, but I know that no one would ever be able to now that I'm in the role. It is such hard work. Not to mention a "work" that is completely foreign to you. Kissing sleep goodbye and working entirely around someone else is an adjustment. It's an adjustment that you make painfully quick as well.

-I remember hearing people say that they could never remember life before their baby. Really?! I can clearly remember getting plenty of sleep and doing what I wanted, when I wanted. I can remember when I felt pretty and not feeling like I looked like poop. I can remember taking long showers and using the bathroom alone. I can remember lovin' on my husband and not being irritable. I will always remember life before Wyatt, because my life was perfect in many ways. I had a great husband, great family, and great friends. Now? Now my life is perfect and more fulfilling. I still have all those things, but now I am a beautiful baby boy that I love more than life itself.

-Today we got our last meal brought to us. Since we've had Wyatt people from our church have brought us meals every other night. It has been such a blessing and I suppose next week we will be asking for meals from our parents. We will see how that will work for us. I don't think it will be to hard...I mean, anytime they can spend with baby is number one priority even if it means they have to cook for us!

-We are (as of now) venturing to Conway tomorrow. Momma has got to get out of the house and do something. My husbands think I am going absolutely insane and he is absolutely correct. I think I am slowly become more and more stupid/boring my the minute. This is surely normal for moms that stay at home, right?
And I wish the little guy did more of this at night, but that's for a whole different post! We're off to enjoy a weekend with Daddy! Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...