This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

8 x 5

Last night we had dinner plans with the Veachs so we let Wyatt go spend the night with his Mimi and Pawpaw. After dinner Ryan and I decided to go have a couple of drinks with my friend Erin and a couple that Ryan works with. We went back home to change, but not before Ryan took himself a power nap. I truly am married to a 30 year old man.
I woke him up, we snapped a picture,and laughed hysterically at me saying, "Look how pretty I am!"
.
I just love us.

Well, thank goodness Ryan took that power nap because we didn't get home and in bed until 4:00. You read that right...4 o'clock in the morning. Whaaaat?

We headed to Front Street to enjoy the band and had a good time!
I got to hang out with my best friend Erin:

 As well as Patrick and his wife Whitney:
It was a great night and we didn't leave there until after 1.

On the way out Erin and Ryan grabbed them a little snack and I have to admit their hotdogs were pretty good. Or at least the bite I had of Erin's was and Ryan claims he will be making a trip to buy another since the man has his little set up here in town during the week.

After these we set out to the 8 X 5.

Yes, the 40.

I should go ahead and explain to everyone the fine establishment that is nestled next to interstate 40 here in good ole Russellville. It is the type of establishment that you go to only when you have reached that point in your evening. The type of establishment that you know there is no turning back once you've made the decision to go.

It is disgusting, disgraceful, and I am pretty sure there is fur growing on the wall. (Correction: I know there is fur growing on the walls because one day many years ago I climbed up on the sink and picked some off the wall. It is still there to this day.)

It is loving called asbestos.

The funny thing about the forty is that is recently got remodeled. I am proud to say that we hadn't been there in over 2 years. Two beautiful years. It's a known fact that each evening spent there immediately takes off 3 years of your life. This "remodel" that we had heard about consisted, I think, of a change of paint color maybe and the remodel of the stage where the DJ awkwardly sat. Nonetheless, the only reason we went was because I wanted to dance so bad I couldn't stand it. And the hubs was more than willing. Shocking!

I danced for 3 hours straight and it was the best time EVER. Luckily, some of Ryan's old friends were there to so he got to catch up, hold my purse, and mine and Erin's drinks while we danced out butts off.

Ahh, it was so fun! We didn't get home until 3:30 and we immediately jumped in the shower because if we hadn't we'd have to burn the sheet that we slept on. It's that terrible.

You're missing out if you've never been to the 40 at least one. However, once you've been you will probably never want to go back.

Unless you are a dancing queen as I am and that's the only place to get your dance on around here. We are heading out tonight at 2:00 to enter the dance contest tonight to hopefully win again. (Yes, we have both won the dance contest there. No shame.) Wyatt is sleeping peacefully so I bet that he won't even miss us in the 30 minutes it takes us to go win.

Doesn't that sound fun?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a fun night out! I would never make it to 4 am without falling over ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...