This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Friday, January 27, 2012

End of another duck season

I went duck hunting this morning with the hubs.

Are you jealous? Because you most certainly should be.

When the alarm went off at 4:00am and Ryan jumped out of bed with entirely too much gusto I kind of started to regret my decision of going hunting on the last weekend of duck season.

He told me he wanted to be on the road by 4:20. It took a little bit of coaxing and after a few minutes I was up out of bed asking a hundred questions...Can I just stay in my warm bed? Why to you want me to put on cold clothes? Do I have pants? Where are my wool socks? Where is a belt? Do you have my boots? What about my waders? Do I have time to potty? So on and so forth.

We finally got out the door (and on time) and headed to get our duck slayin' on. But not before I took a quick picture of my fabulous get-up.
No hunter is complete without their Coach purse in tow.

For added protection (and to feel a bit girly) I threw these on for good measure.

Ryan took me to where we hunted last season when I was pregnant. It was a lot easier and much more comfortable this season.
This was my few from my blind.
Snazzy, eh?

Like my hat I won from the DU banquet. One other piece of clothing that makes me feel a little bit more girly...
This picture was actually a blooper, but I thought I'd include it.
Here is me and my favorite person in the world.

I know you are sitting on the edge of your seat wondering whether or not we killed any ducks. Well the answer is yes. One!

This is the first picture I took.

Then, I had to take a picture of me looking all professional and like a real hunter.
Did it work? I thought so too.

Here is Ryan with his duck.

Once we got home from our hunting excursion, I immediately hit the sheets and was out in maybe 2 minutes. I took a two hour nap and sometime during that nap Ryan went hunting with the guys.

They ended up only killing 4 geese, but enjoyed themselves nonetheless.

Tomorrow is the last day that Ryan is hunting this duck season. I'm pretty sure he learned it's a lot harder on him during duck season now days considering we have the baby and he can't just come home and take naps at his convenience like he use to. He did a great job sucking it up though (and learning to go to bed earlier). We're looking forward to next year and opening day falling on my birthday weekend. Woo. Hoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...