This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Late to the party

It seems that I have arrived late to yet another party...

Okay, let's be honest. I despise being late. Despise it. My hands get all clammy, I sweat, my heart rate rises, and then I'm just grumpy. Punctuality is one of my stronger points.

Well, that was until I met and married Ryan. We seem to be late for everything now. If I am destined to be somewhere alone I can make it on time. Add my dearest husband into the mix and you can immediately kiss it goodbye. Even Wyatt doesn't slow me down. With Ryan, for example on Christmas Eve morning, I (per usual)  hadto give us a 30 minute window. Our "appointment" was 11:30. Figure in the 20 minute drive I knew we had to shoot for 10:30. Did we make it on time? Yes. But only because I constantly nag Ryan to do this, do this, and did you do that? Nonetheless it works for us.

I completely went on a tangent there for what this post is about is of course being late, but being late to the party that is the obsession with none other than The Hunger Games.
I had heard people mention this series before but never gave much thought to it. Then, when we went to see the Breaking Dawn movie the preview was shown and I was immediately hooked. Not really knowing anything about the books, that little preview of it had me wanting to read it. Kudos to them since they are clearly doing their jobs. I finally got a Kindle (I say finally because I was adamant that I was a "hold the real book in your hands" type of girl but I read a book on mom's and was instantly converted) and The Hunger Games was the first book I downloaded. I started it Monday night and finished it on Wednesday. I seriously needed more hours in the day. I started Catching Fire two seconds after the first book and am still finding that I need more hours in the day. I have an obsessive personality. It's both good and bad. In this situation probably bad since I am dying to get through this book to move on to the next. My laundry, the dishes, the floors, everything has taken a backseat. Well, all except for Wyatt. The only time my kindle isn't in my hands is when Wyatt's awake. Homeboy's still got to eat, drink, play, and be changed you know. Priorities! Although I must admit, I have read it aloud to him a couple of times when he was winding down for naptime. Go ahead and judge me. 

1 comment:

  1. This is by far my favorite book series, or book in general, that I've read. Ever. And I've never been able to commit to a favorite until these books. Amazing. I want to know how you feel about Mockingjay, after you finish it. Some people hate it, but I thought it was perfect and the only way it could have ended. Love hearing about people reading these books! :) And high-five on reading it to Wyatt. It's more about the actual act of reading aloud to little babies than it is about the content so it's a plus for you both! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...