This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Friends...

Oh dear...mommy's done got to thinking too much...

I am very, very lucky to be able to provide exceptional childcare for my kid. I only work 24 hours a week. I am there with my baby for 4 solid days in a row each and every week. I am unbelievably blessed because of this. On those days that I don’t get to be at home my baby gets exceptional care because his grandmas keep him. He spends Monday and Wednesday mornings with my mom and the afternoons of those days as well as all day Tuesday with Ryan’s mom. He gets the absolute best care and spoiled beyond belief. Not only does he get to spend time with his grandmas he gets to spend all that time at his own home, with his own bed, with his favorite toys. It is a great system that we have going on and I am very thankful for our mothers.
What is not so wonderful about all this is that my sweet little boy doesn’t have any friends. ISN’T THAT TERRIBLE SOUNDING?! Okay, I realize I am being super dramatic, but it just sounds pitiful. I said to Ryan last night, “I need to find the baby some friends. Don’t you think he needs friends?” His typical male response was “He’s  6 months old. He doesn’t need friends.” Really?  Gah. He’s just not seeing it as I am. I came back with, “well not real friends, but play buddies because he is old enough to interact with them.” He then agreed with me. I guess that’s what happens when you have babies that are watched by a private babysitter. I plan to let Wyatt start daycare after he turns one so he can begin learning outside of the home and developing social skills, but that’s not for another 6 months! I’ve seriously got to figure something out so my baby can have someone to play with. Do other moms feel this way? That somehow they are cheating their kids or have I developed this inside my head? My husband doesn’t see any problem with it that Wyatt’s primary interaction is with his family. He needs a baby(ies) to stare at and grab for and “play” with… At least I think so. What do you think? And if so, how do I go about finding these cute little babies for Wyatt to play with?! Haha! Parenting is so awkward! It’ll be nice when Payton and Emma are here and in about 6 months we can have playdates and my little Wyatt can entertain their babies!

See, I'm too cute just to hang with mommy all the time!

1 comment:

  1. I stay at home full time with my baby (16 months). We go to play group each week, which is where our son has friends. You may be able to try a play group that meets on the days you are off each week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...