This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

I wish

1.I could have another night like this:
Two of these pretty ladies need to pop out their babies already so we can possibly do something to this extent again… Okay, okay. Let’s be honest. A night out in the bar singing karaoke does sound really, really fun…but I know how we are now. We are old, married or seriously committed, and have (are about to have) off-springs or fur-babies so more like a girls night in with lots (and lots) of rum and tequila and ooohing and ahhhing over our babies and sharing stories of our dear husbands would be more like it. The night would end approximately 10 o’clock but no later than 11 when our significant other picked up us and drove us home and we told them just how much we love them in our most adorable slurred speech. Yes, that does sound like a fun night don’t you agree? The last baby will be born in February…I will start trying for baby numero dos about that time so really I have a very small window for this fun night on my wish list to happen. Crap. I guess this is why it’s a wish list.
2.There was a cleaning fairy that visited me once a week. Okay, maybe not even a fairy but a person (read: husband) that for one entire week didn’t make me clean the house not a once. Wouldn’t that be marvelous? Now don’t get me wrong, Ryan helps me tremendously around the house but I have to ask for the help and on occasion he will do something on his own. I would love, love, love to not do any dishes, laundry, dusting, bathroom duties, nada for a week. Let’s actually go farther than that and say 5 days. I have 4 days off every week so I would like to at least give my fairy a break with 2 days off. See, I can be nice. While I probably will never have a fairy I am okay with this because in reality said fairy would never do it the way I wanted it.
3. That I didn’t just have to pay $5 so that my blog could have pictures.  I’m good for a year people…an entire year until next October when I get to pay another $5. To rationalize I tell the hubs that it’s less than .42 a month. Genius, no? He loves my blog so he quickly agreed that the $5 purchase is in fact worthwhile.
4. I could go golfing with Ryan soon. Ideally before the year is over…but weekends are for family time and going golfing with a baby isn’t really fair to Wyatt. I don’t think.
5. I felt more comfortable letting Wyatt stay at least one night with his Nana and one night with his Mimi a month.  Currently, Wyatt stays only one night away from home each month and it alternates between my mom and Ryan’s mom. This month his Nana (Ryan’s mom) got him and next month his Mimi (my mom) gets him. We always know which weekend little boy will be away from us and it’s usually when we have something planned, but I’d like to start making it one night for each of the grandmas because I know just how much they adore having him spend the night…But I HATE being away from Wyatt and miss him terribly by the time we go pick him up. We will see. We may start the in January. Along with this, I wish I didn’t feel the guilt that I do feel when we let him spend the night. Mom guilt is always there people. ALWAYS…even when you know you are doing something beneficial for your kid like letting him stay in a different environment occasionally and letting his grandparents get extra lovin’s on him.
6.I had my long pretty hair again. I am SLOWLY growing it back out. Having a baby and losing a ton of hair months after I had him and this re-growth crap I’ve got going on is ridiculous. However, I can tell by pictures that my hair is in fact getting longer. I just have to have patience. I’d like to grow it out, enjoy it, chop it all off again, and donate to Pantene again.
7.The cold weather would show up and stay. I hope that by the time we take family pictures for our Christmas card that it’s maybe a chilly 60s degrees. Is that so much to ask for?
8.Some people weren’t so awkward, but then again being  an awkward moment’s number one fan it’skind of okay. We occasionally have to be around said people and it’s usually quite interesting. We always joke about whether they “will know us this time or not.” We always get a good laugh out of it after the fact. Some people will never change though…glad the hubs finally sees it now.
9.My baby wasn’t growing up so fast. I want to cry with each passing month. It is seriously such a love/hate thing I’ve got going on with it. I love seeing him blossom and grow and develop, but I also miss those cute, cuddly, newborn days. I’ve decided to have 4 kids…did you know that? While my uterus and I are on the same page the one person that I get these babies from put his foot down. H-E-L-L-O that would mean 4 cars, 4 college tuitions, 4 weddings, etc Um…how about no. Guess he is right. Babies are just so addicting though…the exact reason my needs to stop growing at warp speed!
10. I knew the difference between when to use “me” and when to use “I”. I seriously suck so bad at it and then I try and learn it and I get it and then it’s gone a week later because I get myself all sorts of confused. However, I am not perfect. To my husband, yes. My baby, yes. My parents, yes. Okay, so I totally lied about that…but whatever. Like I was saying, I’m not perfect and I do allow myself some mistakes and the proper use of those two words isn’t on my big list of knowing what is proper and what is not. I like to think I am in the majority when it comes to lack of proper use of them. Is that right? Do you know how to use them? Like really use them or just let yourself believe that you know how to use them? I have a college degree…I should know this right? It should be on some sort of exit exam for the 7th grade along with the proper spelling of vacuum. (For me, the only way I remember to spell this with two “u”s is that uuuuuu are more important. You’re welcome.) Word tells me when to use the right one. What does word know? I know some people reading this are disgusted, but you know what? I don’t care…don’t read if it bothers you that much.
Those are some of my wishes…what are some of yours!?

3 comments:

  1. Why do you have to pay $5 a month? I have pictures and I dont pay a thing...granted yours are cooler than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get x amount of free picture storage and then once you reach that amount your blog is either pictureless from then on out or you pay the $5 and it's like 10,000 pictures or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, yes I also got hit with the $5 fee a few months ago.

    My Wish List:
    1. I wish I didn't have to return to work in January :(
    2. I wish we had family that lived in the area.
    3. I wish I had the courage to find a teenage babysitter....ahhh finding a daycare was hard enough.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...