This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saturday Laughs

1. It happened...that moment I was unsure of what to do...how to do it...why I was taking so long to do it. My precious little Wyatt pooped. Normal, right? Yes. But in his high chair...after some fruit, yogurt, and milk...while dressed in a white onesie...while I was folding laundry...and I was in actual normal cute clothes for once. It was a disaster. I picked him up after I caught a smell of it it and for some strange reason I knew not to hold him on my hip. Instead I carried him out in front of me making him laugh all the way to the changing table. I laid him down and caught the first glimpse of what I dreaded...the blowout. Poop was everywhere. I didn't know where to begin really. I started taking the onesie off and quickly realized it was all up his back.I think I panicked for a second wishing that Ryan was home because the only other time this has happened was when he found the surprise and we tag teamed it. Today was different...I had to make the decision of what to do and it became very clear to me after I kept getting more poop on him once it got all over the changing table cover. Off to the bathroom we went with our diaper still on...(clearly I wasn't thinking because normally I would have proceeded to remove diaper and clean up as best I could). I got him to the bathroom (and this is where I hang my head in shame) ripped off the diaper and set my naked baby with poop on him into the bath and started the water. Do you know what happened when you put an unwiped booty in the tub? Poop goes EVERYWHERE. Luckily, I had enough sense to not plug the water. After I was in the midst of letting the poop float around in the tub I realized I was wearing a cute shirt that I planned to continue to wear the rest of the day., Of course I didn't want poop on it so I immediately took it off and threw it on the counter and continued washing Wyatt until he was glistening and smelling like pure deliciousness (you know there is nothing better than a fresh, clean, baby). So, it turns out I gave my little baby a bath in just a bra. I am so weird and should be ashamed. But once it was all said and done (and I was fully clothed) I couldn't help but laugh and the ridiculousness of what just took place. This is motherhood...and I can't get enough.

Post afternoon bath!

2. Babies take tumbles. Ask Ryan. Wyatt sits up good but sometimes he falls over. The key to no tears is having him sit in the center where if he does fall he is completely padded...not on the outskirts where padding is almost non-existent. Ridge, Erin, and Haley were over on Thursday and Erin was sitting on the blankets with the boys and all of a sudden I heard it. THE thump. The unmistakable thump that signifies your baby has just fallen over on the outskirts. The thump was immediately followed by "I didn't do it!!!" from Ridge. At least he was honest. I know Erin felt horrible, but what Ridge said was down right hilarious. I quickly picked up Wyatt, let him cry, and soon all was well in the world again.

3. My kid wears a size 4W. That is a size 4 WIDE. We went shoe shopping yesterday. By the time he is 2 we will be shopping in the Big and Tall department.

4. Wyatt has started sticking out his tounge and blowing spit bubbles. It's really cute actually. What makes it funny is when he does it while eating mixed fruit and food goes flying everywhere. He's just so proud you can't help but laugh.

A visual sans-fruit.

5. Is it mean to purposely make your kid cry for you? Okay, good. I thought I was alone. Wyatt has started crying when I leave the room. We learned this when I left to go wash dishes and Ryan couldn't get him to stop. As soon as I reappeared he stopped. It happened again that night when we were getting him ready for bed. That's when I decided to make my kid cry intentionally and we kept seeing if that's really why he was crying and it was! We got a good laugh out of it and proceeded to call him a momma's boy. We are beginning to sound like bullies I realize.



I am linking up with The Mommyhood Chronicles.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up. Now following you. Not sure, if you follow or not, but feel free to, if you want. In terms of poop, I can totally relate. I have the bath ready with the blown out poop ones because usually once I get the clothes off, it is all over. The laughs are funny too. Size 4 w foot. Zane has the smallest feet. I can't get anything on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is adorable!

    I'm a new follower and would love if you followed me back!

    jamiesjourneythroughlife.blogspot.com
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first one is so funny - poop blowouts are never easy to deal with! My baby will be big and tall too. I had to buy him size 5 at 9 months, and they don't even fit - I think because we need wide shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so cute! Love those chubby babies - I've had two of my own so far! Um, seriously every story you just shared has happened to me. My fav blowout: husband was changing DD's diaper and she blew out all over him: chest, face, arms. And because they were in my bed, it got on the headboard, wall and sheets! Seriously gross. But, I guess if we can't laugh about it we'd cry too much! Visit me at cinderelladuty.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...