This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Independent play

On the mornings that I am home with Wyatt (I in no way expect this while his grandmas are keeping him!) I encourage independent play. After his first bottle, I sit him down with toys all around and let him play by himself. He starts out sitting there and either he tumbles to his tummy or I get him there so he can wiggle around that way after about 15 minutes. His total time for independent play is about 30 minutes and I all I do during this time is usually pick up the house. I pop in and out of the living room keeping an eye on him and talking to him if he looks at me. Other than that he's all on his own. I have the tv with Nick Jr on playing in the background, but Wyatt has never shown any interest in the tv. (Not complaining!)  I think this is very important for him because I want him to be confident in entertaining himself.
Like I said it's no more than 30 minutes and by that time I'm ready to begin playing with him!



Obviously, he is a fan of teethers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...