This is our life...it's crazy, it's hectic, but most of all it's fun!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Oh you didn't know?

Babies are expensive. Point blank. That’s what we were told at least, so we kind of knew what we were getting ourselves into. What is surprising to me, however, is that during Wyatt’s first 6 months of life he actually wasn’t that expensive. In fact, expensive isn’t even the word for it. I’d go even further to say that it was rather cheap. Formula was our most expensive item, but I even figured out how to beat that system by testing formulas and eventually going with Target’s Up and Up. We started with Enfamil Newborn formula, but the vitamin D in it made Wyatt spit-up horribly. We transitioned to Enfamil infant and he did great on it, but he drank a lot…like 8 oz bottles 5 times a day so it was getting pricey so I started researching other formula. We decided to try the equivalent in Target’s Up and Up, asked the pediatrician about it, and went ahead with it. Wyatt did great on it and we never looked back. So now, I buy formula once a month as well as wipes. With diapers, I subscribe and save with Amazon Moms so I don’t ever think  about whether or not we are running short on diapers because I know they are delivered the 3rd day of each month for us. I get enough diapers (and our favorite Pampers) for $30.74. Bargain, right? Yes!
What we are discovering now is how expensive Wyatt is truly getting. By this, I mean toys. If you’ve never had to buy baby toys be ready for a shock. Every time we go to Walmart (which is probably every two weeks) we pick up a new toy. Or, truth be told, I make special trips to buy toys for little man. The cheapest of toys is right around 10 bucks and I usually only buy the cheaper ones when Ryan is with me. I can get away with the $20-$25 ones when I am alone much easier. I get so excited when Wyatt gets to play with said toys. No joke. I can’t wait to see how he interacts with it. The only saving grace to the madness that is toy buying? Chances are we will be able to get away with buying zero toys for probably the first year of the second baby’s life. Well, if we have another little boy which I’m hoping is the case. If we do have a little girl, I guess we start the vicious cycle all over again and say goodbye to bats and balls and all things blue and start with the frilly pink baby dolls! Thank goodness Christmas is approaching soon so all the grandparents can start splurging on Wyatt too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...